IGNORED

Has Anyone Heard The Audio Physic Avantera?

I'm seriously considering a pair of these based on commentary by audiophile friends, reviews, etc. There is zero opportunity for me to hear these anywhere within a thousand miles. These are the newer, Avantera Plus (with a name change, but no other changes this year to Avantera III). I would greatly appreciate any input from those of you who might own these, have heard them at a friends/acquaintances home, have auditioned them, or even heard them at a show. Any input would be valuable. Thanks.

And, before anyone goes there, of course,  hearing speakers in person is what you want. An opportunity to actually hear them in your own home, with your own gear would the perfect scenario, but so would winning the lottery. The likelihood of the first option is becoming less and less, the chance for the second, as rare as hens teeth. There simply are not many brick and mortar audio stores left, and, if you aren't on one of the coasts, in certain MAJOR cities, or otherwise extremely lucky, you probably don't even have access to one. Or, possibly there may be "one", but the odds of them carrying  the specific brand you want is small, and it's even less likely that they will have the model in stock and available for a demo. And even if they did have it, unless you have a VERY good relationship (meaning have bought a LOT from them in the past) you simply aren't going to be able to borrow them to take home either. Its just the way it is. 

I've been involved in music and audio for over forty years, and sure, I'm not happy to be in a situation where I can't listen to speakers, of all things, before I buy them. But it's unfortunately become the way of things for most of us. In the past six months, I've been potentially interested in quite a number of speakers, but none of them can be found to audition in my entire state, or even neighboring states. This is, of course, very frustrating. And we aren't talking tiny production,  esoteric brands that no one even knows of, I wanted to audition speakers by Tannoy, and Vienna Acoustics, and KEF and others of major standing. 

JC