IGNORED

Fx Audio DAC X7 Only 24 bits

Dear All,

I've just received my new FX Audio DAC X7. 

He's connect in USB on my Mac mini running under Sierra. The problem I have is regarding the Bits depth ... As you can see in the print screen below, the Mac don't recognize the DAC as 32 bits product.

Do I use an XMOS specific driver or an FX Audio Specific driver to help the Mac ?

I've sent a request to FX Audio in China. I'm waiting for the reply ... if it comes !

If you encounter the same problem and have an issue ... welcome !!

Kind regards,

Capture d’écran 2018-05-08 à 20.02.53.png

Capture d’écran 2018-05-09 à 18.08.54.png

• 2 weeks later...

Your right jwicjers !

The specs are clearly describe on the manufacturer web site (see print screen below).

I've immediately try ... but it's worth than in USB ... The DAC is not recognized by the Mac mini ... He's recognize by the software (VOX and Audirvana) but with 24/192 max sample rate ...

With the previous DAC / Amplifier I had, it was the same on my Mac mini ... In Optical, nothing it recognize ... It works ... but as with the standard audio output ...

With the USB connection, the Mac mini recognize the FX Audio DAC and use the internal clock well.

Your DAC is connected to a PC or a Mac ?

Capture d’écran 2018-05-23 à 14.54.12.png

I have a Macbook Pro, one of the new ones that do not have optical anymore ... haha. So yes I just use USB and Audirvana for my FLAC files. Otherwise I just set it to 44.1k/16 since that's what most of the MP3s i have are in.

I also noticed than on some files the DAC displays ---- and no sample rates, like when playing DSD, but it works so I'm not really worried about anything.

I don't think I have any source that are in 32bit anyway.