IGNORED

Is There Any Way I Can Use An Art Print For A Room Treatment?

I have recently purchased a fairly large, limited edition art print. Is there any way I can use it as a room treatment to be placed on the wall above the listening area, across from the speakers? I realize that it would not work if I had it simply framed and covered in glass, as is usual, but is there something it could be flush mounted to, without any frame,  that would allow it to function as I want?  Thanks for any help.

JC

23 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

I have recently purchased a fairly large, limited edition art print. Is there any way I can use it as a room treatment to be placed on the wall above the listening area, across from the speakers? I realize that it would not work if I had it simply framed and covered in glass, as is usual, but is there something it could be flush mounted to, without any frame,  that would allow it to function as I want?  Thanks for any help.

JC

I don't know about other vendors, but GIK will custom make room treatments from art and photos. I believe they copy it and print it on the treatments, but get in touch with them and ask.  They also will make custom sized room treatments. So ask them what they can do for you. I be surprised if you are the first customer to ask them this question. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

@The Computer Audiophile used his DNA sequence (or something like that) for artwork that hangs on his wall.  I think you can see it on an old Home Theater Geeks podcast that he was a guest on. Definitely points for originality. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

4 hours ago, TubeLover said:

JC

@TubeLover  JC, what size is it?  You could make a fiberglass filled absorption panel the right size (or have it made) and attach.  The issue may be that the print isn’t acoustically transparent.  But, it may act as a diffuser.  GIK will make custom sizes.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

@TubeLover  JC, what size is it?  You could make a fiberglass filled absorption panel the right size (or have it made) and attach.  The issue may be that the print isn’t acoustically transparent.  But, it may act as a diffuser.  GIK will make custom sizes.  Good luck!

Yep. One can buy fiberglass panels and mount them in a perimeter frame.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

On 4/30/2018 at 5:42 AM, Solstice380 said:

It is a 20 x 24 print, and since it really "has" to go on the wall across from the speakers, just thought it might be worth checking to see if there was any way to also use it effectively as a room treatment. I'm afraid the surface of the print may prohibit it being useful. Perhaps just have it mounted directly onto a a non reflective surface that extends beyond the size of the print itself?

JC

that's a good idea - no matter what, it will act as a room tmt. - just not as effective as if you sent GIK a photo of your existing print...

or use the colors in the existing piece and get some other panels made - 20x24 is not very large...

the other panels could complement the one you have...

go Mondrian ??