IGNORED

How do I download music from HD Tracks? Region restrictions???

Well, I had actually figured that out, but it still doesn't help me.

Even for an album that it claims I can purchase, I still can't get the download. I have put in a query to their help desk & see what comes of that. 

On a more general level, where does everyone else get their hi-res downloads. Surely it can't be this difficult, or we disadvantaged living here in Oz?

6 hours ago, sootshe said:

Well, I had actually figured that out, but it still doesn't help me.

Even for an album that it claims I can purchase, I still can't get the download. I have put in a query to their help desk & see what comes of that. 

On a more general level, where does everyone else get their hi-res downloads. Surely it can't be this difficult, or we disadvantaged living here in Oz?

What do you mean you can't get the download? You purchased the album and their downloader can't download the album? That isn't a regional restriction issue, but something else, maybe a DNS issue. 

As far as buying from outside the US. Use a VPN from the US for HDT USA. Get the album in your cart and pay via paypal. Once the album is paid for you can  download it from anywhere in the world, without a VPN. I don't live in the US and do it all the time. 

Other hi res sites are acousticsounds.com, prostudiomasters.com, qobuz.com, https://www.highresaudio.com/en, If you listen to classical music there is e-classical.com and various other sites. Generally the classical sites don't have the regional restrictions, as they are selling downloads form small labels that don't work  the same way the big boys do. 

There are regional restrictions from all the big download sites that use major labels. I've always managed to get around them with a VPN.  It's getting the album in your cart that's the issue. Once it's bought, the download shouldn't be an issue. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 minutes ago, firedog said:

What do you mean you can't get the download? You purchased the album and their downloader can't download the album? That isn't a regional restriction issue, but something else, maybe a DNS issue. 

As far as buying from outside the US. Use a VPN from the US for HDT USA. Get the album in your cart and pay via paypal. Once the album is paid for you can  download it from anywhere in the world, without a VPN. I don't live in the US and do it all the time. 

Other hi res sites are acousticsounds.com, prostudiomasters.com, qobuz.com, https://www.highresaudio.com/en, If you listen to classical music there is e-classical.com and various other sites. Generally the classical sites don't have the regional restrictions, as they are selling downloads form small labels that don't work  the same way the big boys do. 

There are regional restrictions from all the big download sites that use major lables. I've always managed to get around them with a VPN.  It's getting the album in your cart that's the issue. Once it's bought, the download shouldn't be an issue. 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this album should be able to be downloaded from Aust, but it doesn't seem to work. 

I have put in a query to HDT to try & sort out. 

2 hours ago, sootshe said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this album should be able to be downloaded from Aust, but it doesn't seem to work. 

I have put in a query to HDT to try & sort out. 

Where do you think the process becomes unstuck?

You did click the bright purple button called "PLACE ORDER" ? Your nominated address is somewhere in the USA?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

35 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Where do you think the process becomes unstuck?

You did click the bright purple button called "PLACE ORDER" ? Your nominated address is somewhere in the USA?

Yes, I clicked "place order".....then it took me to PayPal to pay......then nothing.

I checked PayPal & no payment has been made & the item was still in my cart.

My address is not in the USA & the album I chose was available for download from my logged in account. 

Some albums are available from my account & others come up with "not available because of restrictions".

The one I am trying to get says it is available from my log in account with an Australian address.

Haven't heard back from HDT as yet.

Received a reply from HDT & it appears that HDT currently has an issue with some browsers accepting PayPal payments.

I have used a different browser & seems to be working OK now.....sorry for the confusion & thanks to everyone who replied. You have all given me some good tips when next using this type of purchasing. 

I simply cheated and edited my HDTracks profile's address to a U.S.-based address. That seemed to work for me for getting around region restrictions.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3