Apparently SOtM has a new streamer called sMS-200 NEO ($510) which was at AXPONA according to a show report in TAS.  I have no idea how it differs from the original sMS-200.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@MayfromSOtM how does the sMS-200 NEO differ from the original sMS-200?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 4/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, rickca said:

@MayfromSOtM how does the sMS-200 NEO differ from the original sMS-200?

The Neo would have the different power board, so the sound also will be changed. From some moments, all sMS-200 would be released to be Neo version. I will confirm the details once NEO would be ready, it's still under testing at our end.

Thank you~

Best regards, May

May - is the price really $510

Thank you.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

10 hours ago, jacques_racine said:

May - is the price really $510

Thank you.

No, I don't know where you've heard the price information but the price hasn't been finally confirmed( but assmed there would be no price differences??) will post later once the final test will be made.

Thank you :)

Best regars, May

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

• 2 months later...

Ok folks I have an SMS 200 ultra now. Three days out of warranty now. I shut it off to go on vacation. When I got back I turned it on and now am getting no network activity. I have tried everything I can think of. The lights don't blink and my router shows as red for that Ethernet jack. I have tried several cables. Have any of you had this problem? And if so what was the fix? I am thinking about upgrading to the neo with the switch mod also. This is such a bummer. May do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ron

2 hours ago, rhale64l7 said:

I think I updated it just the other day. I can't remember actually. I have all brand new equipment and the SMS 200 ultra. So I was doing updates on all of it.

Without of course being 100% sure, it looks like it's the sd card.

If you have a spare one lying around you can try and burn the image from the SOtM site and replace the one in your unit.

6 hours ago, tedwoods said:

Without of course being 100% sure, it looks like it's the sd card.

If you have a spare one lying around you can try and burn the image from the SOtM site and replace the one in your unit.

I might give that a try. How do I go about doing that from the site? And thanks again for your help.

I'm still waiting to hear when the Neo will be released. Can May or anyone provide any more info on this. It's now Mid-July and this was first discussed in April.

Thanks

Analog: Rega P8 > Ortofon Cadenza Black > Bob's Devices 20:1 SUT > EAR 834P Deluxe MM/MC tube phono stage

Digital: Shanling ET-3 CD Transport. Streaming via SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo w/ SPS500 power supply > Chord Hugo TT2

Sound: PS Audio PowerPlant3 >  Naim Supernait3 > Harbeth P3ESR

• 3 weeks later...

Well folk's even though I posted in the wrong thread I figured I would give a big thanks for those that helped me with my 200 ultra problem. I took the advice and my SMS 200 ultra is now singing along as before. So thank you very much for all your help.

And now back to the Neo. I am seriously considering one.

Ron

IMG_20180713_031149.jpg

Just as a teaser, I can advise that my sMS-200Ultra is currently on it's way back to Korea for the Neo upgrade.  I'm guessing it will be about three weeks or so before it is returned, but when it is back in my system, I shall report my findings.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my SOTM SMS-200 Ultra Neo with Clocking input option.. Burning in 3 days now

Using it in my intel 6700k Hqplayer Server with the SMS-200 Ultra Neo replacing my quad core fanless mini pc as the NAA. 

Prelim Observations:-

1. Getting Hqplayer to 'see' thevUltra Neo is a trying experience! 

2. Your network has to hv good Ipv4 connectivity.. Ipv6 not supported by the Ultra Neo

3. Start up Hqplayer AFTER the ultra neo is on HQplayer NAA Mode. 

4. I had great difficulty getting Hqplayer to see the Ultra Neo .. finally i decided to use my Minipc to connect to the Hqplayer and my iFi iDSD BL DAC! 

After that leave the DAC powered on And just plug the dac into the Audio USB port of the Ultra Neo. 

The NAA box in Hqplayer recognizes the Ultra Neo if you run the settings again.

5. Then i got Dsd256 to run .. occasional stutter but listenable.

DSD512 NO! Crackling and stuttering!!

6. SOTM Thru their locsl agent advised the follliwing settings (2nd image)

7. Works but not my preferred xtr-2s settings.

So i experimented with the iFi iDSD BL ASIO settings.

But How do u set this when the SOTM Eunhasu OS does not have settings for the DAC under the NAA setting? 

i had a brainwave !! connect my mini pc (win 10 OS) back to the iFi DAC, call up the iFi iDSD ASIO Settings put the buffer settings from

low latency to Safe on 32000 byte buffer size!

8. Connect the ULTRA neo and cycle thru Hqplayer settings .. The Ultra  Neo with the iFi iDSD BL comes on (NB YOU HV TO leave the DAC POWERED ON to preserve the Asio buffer settings!!! ).  ---'Dont forget the Turn the volume of your DAC or Preamp to minimum.. u will blow up your speakers or your Headphones otherwise!

9. Still a bit of crackling noise and stutter on xtr-2s .. shrt mp -2s works just fine

10. Back to my Win 10 minipc and change tge ASIO setting to extra safe..

11. Ultra Neo now  works on xtr-2s now. just a little flutter now and then?

12. A liitle disappointing as my minpc allows low latency 33k byte buffer size and smooth playback! ? 

13. Sound impressions will follow in subsequnent postings

Test System 

Lenovo intel 6700k with 32gb Nvidia970 GPU

fully filtered usind Elfidelity fan CPU pcie filters

Intel X-25E SSD with SOTM SATA II Filter running Win Server 2016 CORE mode with Audiophile Optimizer ( minipc runs Win10 Home with Fidelizer Pro 8.1 /- 8.2 email not installed yet!)

iFi iDSD BL DAC with ISOREGEN LPS1 6v driving a LT3045 output 5v into the iFi 

Using Uptone audio USB Short connectors 

Rca output from Dac to my Audionote 300 b monoblocs (upgraded 300 tubes and NOS 6SN7GT ) to my HD800s thru Aiqin resistance adapters in balanced 4 wire mode

A81B8054-09E5-47C8-B48D-66500067A54B.jpeg

DF354E18-2F21-4DD3-B4F9-0FE1EE1D9660.jpeg

System update

Hqplayer PC

Elfidelity Filters -- DDR4 RAM slot filters

Fan filters in 2 case fans  and 1 on CPU Fan

2 PCie slot filters on MOBO

Corsair AX760 ATX PSU fitted with inline RIPPLE filtering capacitors

Sound is output thru a Clones Audio SHAAR PCie USB Card with OCXO clock on linear dc psu-- output to a usb to ethernet bridging Usb 3.0 adapter to bridge Pc Server to NAA - also on dc linear psu

OS SSD / Music HDD on linear psuS

NETGEAR GS -105 switch on linear psu

• 4 weeks later...

I have spent my first morning having a proper listen to the Neo, see post here:

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, kelvinwsy said:

Sound impressions will follow in subsequnent postings

Hi Kelvinsky,

I'm very interested in the SMS-200 Ultra Neo as NAA.

Could you please share your listening impressions with it? 

Also, were you able to have stable playback DSD 512?