IGNORED

A Beatbox Niche Thread.

I don't think beatbox (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatboxing) has many fans here. I decided to start this thread anyway hoping someone can recommend some interesting beatbox (can be also just rhythmic a capella vocal) music. I myself searched for interesting beatbox performers for a long time without success and finally a friend of mine, Hubert (BTW a very good vocalist himself and a fantstic person) recommended me some names among which was Dub FX - my absolute favorite in this genre. What can I say.? Good voice, fantastic rhythmic feel and arranging skills but first of all loads of passion(!). After some years of busking he recorded 4 studio albums but I prefer his early stuff.

Dub FX - it's just vocal, vocal effects and loops. And it's all recorded live. And IMO sounds really good. Hope you'll enjoy it too. Tell me what you think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_FX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Yogetsu Akasaka, a beatboxing Japanese Zen Buddhist monk, performed the traditional “Heart Sutra” chant as a realtime remix using the technique of live looping on his Boss RC-505.

Akasaka told Vice that prior to becoming a monk, he was a traveling beatboxer, a busker, and actor. When he received his calling to become a monk, he decided to incorporate his love for music from his previous life.

How about some classical Beatbox?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

@Confused Wow, didn't think anyone here knows Beardyman! Your music taste seems almost as eclectic/inclusive/broad as the OP's.. 👍

Hereby opening a subthread 'Beatboxers on audio'..

Beardyman (or Beadyman as I mistyped) appeared here a while back, I know you like a bit of thread fusion.

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat........

EDIT: I am not quite sure why Madonna appears in the link below, rather than the post I actually linked to, but is is always nice when Madonna appears unexpectedly. Anyway, a little scrolling from the link and Beardyman is there.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.