IGNORED

Asus Essence OR Audioquest Dragonfly Red?

On 4/20/2018 at 3:20 PM, textsurfer2000 said:

Thanks for your reply lucretius.

That's my concern as well. I would like to know how much this would affect the sound from someone who has already tested it.

The last sound card I ever used was a Juli@XTe sound card. I could definitely tell I was picking up noise from the computer -- but I did not discover this until my computer (and power supply) began to age; the computer in question was relatively quiet and power supply was on the smaller side 400w, etc.  I fear what would happen with a sound card installed in a high powered machine with 1000+ watts power supply.

mQa is dead!

On 4/21/2018 at 8:07 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

In this community we try to increase our enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. Comments like yours accomplish the exact opposite. 

If you disagree with people please say why and provide others information they can use to make decisions. 

It’s often not what’s said, but how it’s said that makes the difference. 

Apologies, my lurker status here hasn't earned me the right to be so outspoken. I appreciate your sites mission, but would also argue that some of these other comments are far more detrimental to increasing the enjoyment of the hobby than mine. The sort of commentary found in this thread illustrates a systemic problem within our hobby that is not isolated to CA.