IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

31 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

An Armchair Expert like yourself would be MY last choice on who to trust...

Why not trust yourself? It does make sense that people would follow the pseudo-scientists, - their fallacious arguments are powerful to those who are easily bamboozled.

4 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Why not trust yourself? It does make sense that people would follow the pseudo-scientists, - their fallacious arguments are powerful to those who are easily bamboozled.

I do and I agree that we shouldn't trust pseudo-scientists selling and manufacturing high-end audio equipment.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

I do and I agree that we shouldn't trust pseudo-scientists selling and manufacturing high-end audio equipment.

LOL....

We shouldn't trust naysaying EEs promoting their ignorance & lack of knowledge surrounding high performance systems. Better rely on evidence, reason, and science.

48 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

LOL....

We shouldn't trust naysaying EEs promoting their ignorance & lack of knowledge surrounding high performance systems. Better rely on evidence, reason, and science.

Please provide some examples of evidence, reason, and science related to high performance systems. I haven't seen a lot of it. 

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

Please provide some examples of evidence, reason, and science related to high performance systems. I haven't seen a lot of it. 

The testimonials of the oodles and oodles of the results of the comparative listening tests of the 99% of those that have experienced and listened to the systems. Most all of which are engaging in corroborative experimentation and are enjoying the results.....

At the core of the Scientific method and investigation is curiosity. Aren't you curious why your "reading gross assumptions on the internet" flies in the face of the 99%?

21 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

The testimonials of the oodles and oodles of the results of the comparative listening tests of the 99% of those that have experienced and listened to the systems. Most all of which are engaging in corroborative experimentation and are enjoying the results.....

At the core of the Scientific method and investigation is curiosity. Aren't you curious why your "reading gross assumptions on the internet" flies in the face of the 99%?

Ralf11 nailed it in the post above. 

No idea who you are quoting in the last sentence of the last paragraph or what the 99% is. 

20 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

No idea who you are quoting in the last sentence of the last paragraph or what the 99% is. 

High end audio is an area of developing knowledge and experimentation. Often times the engineering concepts are well known but the reason why some sound better than others isn’t fully understood. Other times manufacturers have to build their own measurement tools. 

Instead of willful ignorance, trying listening to gear and then try to figure out why it sounds the way that it does.

11 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Instead of willful ignorance, trying listening to gear and then try to figure out why it sounds the way that it does.

Why are you assuming "willful ignorance" on my part?

20 hours ago, Nordkapp said:

So this image was posted earlier in another thread. I believe it was from AXPONA 2018. Regardless, can someone please comment on what in the hell the purpose of these "cables" could possibly be. I'm no E.E, but I have plenty of ideas of what one could use them for, other than electrical signals. These damned things just make me sad for our entire hobby.

The best source of information and reflection on the above mentioned cables (the site of the producer included but it seems that meanwhile he went out of business :() and at the same time one of the funniest threads on CA I remember:

BTW I really miss posts of @wgscott the OP of the thread, who last visited the site a month ago. I hope his absence is temporary.

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

""No idea who you are quoting in the last sentence of the last paragraph or what the 99% is. ""

I would suggest visiting the site a bit and read what everyone else except for the 6 or so trolls in this section cry about constantly.....

""Ralf11 nailed it in the post above."

the reason the ignore feature was created

2 hours ago, Albrecht said:

I would suggest visiting the site a bit and read what everyone else except for the 6 or so trolls in this section cry about constantly.....

I've got you. Who are the five folks you are referring to?

23 hours ago, STC said:

After you reach a certain point, you realize there is nothing you could do to improve the sound quality where real improvement can be heard. At that point you begin to search for whatever things that can effect a small change (often imaginary) or distinguish your setup from the rest. This will continue to fuel the interest in your system and keep you and your friends focused on the hobby.

Not quite. At least for some people there will be a step change in the presentation when the SQ is good enough - the "speakers becoming impossible to distinguish" behaviour. Anything less than this quality, and the illusion evaporates - a very marked degradation. So what one explores are those aspects that may impact this level - and they can be almost everything.

The change is as far away from small as one can get - the interesting thing will be the development of understanding of this behaviour ...

5 hours ago, fas42 said:

Not quite. At least for some people there will be a step change in the presentation when the SQ is good enough - the "speakers becoming impossible to distinguish" behaviour. Anything less than this quality, and the illusion evaporates - a very marked degradation. So what one explores are those aspects that may impact this level - and they can be almost everything.

The change is as far away from small as one can get - the interesting thing will be the development of understanding of this behaviour ...

What do you mean by " speakers becoming impossible to distinguish" ? I can easily pick out two different brand easily under blind test. If you meant to say the speakers disappearing and sound floats outside the physical location then that is easily attainable.