IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

So this image was posted earlier in another thread. I believe it was from AXPONA 2018. Regardless, can someone please comment on what in the hell the purpose of these "cables" could possibly be. I'm no E.E, but I have plenty of ideas of what one could use them for, other than electrical signals. These damned things just make me sad for our entire hobby.

5ad4dbf8d6c1d_cablemonster.jpg.76d28dbfd995c5ee24cb72afc0351d23.jpg

If it was done with insight, then it would have been a way to space the conducting cables from the floor and other items in the room - inbuilt cable risers, so to speak. I do this sort of thing because it matters - a zero cost method gets the job done.

47 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

The lengths some audiophiles will go to never ceases to amaze me. 

Perhaps they are for connecting to 1 ohm speakers ? :D

The lengths some speaker designers go to never ceases to amaze me either.:o

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps they are for connecting to 1 ohm speakers ? :D

The lengths some speaker designers go to never ceases to amaze me either.:o

What would influence a speakers impedance rating? Magnets, driver types, crossovers? 

Don't fret about it--all hobbies have extremes that make 'nonsense' to some.

Think about 3+ million dollar cars: what difference does it make on speed limited roads?

What difference does as a half million dollar watch make to telling the time and date?

As long as people have enough money to eat they are welcome to buy what they want for whatever benefit they perceive. Remember there are still people out there who, "because all amplifiers sound the same", won't spend more than $200 on one.

16 hours ago, Nordkapp said:

So this image was posted earlier in another thread. I believe it was from AXPONA 2018. Regardless, can someone please comment on what in the hell the purpose of these "cables" could possibly be. I'm no E.E, but I have plenty of ideas of what one could use them for, other than electrical signals. These damned things just make me sad for our entire hobby.

5ad4dbf8d6c1d_cablemonster.jpg.76d28dbfd995c5ee24cb72afc0351d23.jpg

Well; not saying anything about the cables, - but the last thing that you'd want to trust is the opinion of some electrical engineer, - who the mass majority of,  know very little about high end audio, and indeed, - eschew it.