IGNORED

what is the best cpu for NAA WIN10

This is what I used for precisely that purpose:

https://www.logicsupply.com/eu-en/products/industrial-computers/cl100-series/

Just with a different power supply, not with the stock one.

But generally small low power fanless computers that can run Windows are good for the purpose. Like quad-core Atom, Celeron, Pentium or Core-m branded ones.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 hours ago, Miska said:

This is what I used for precisely that purpose:

https://www.logicsupply.com/eu-en/products/industrial-computers/cl100-series/

Just with a different power supply, not with the stock one.

But generally small low power fanless computers that can run Windows are good for the purpose. Like quad-core Atom, Celeron, Pentium or Core-m branded ones.

So, Z8350 should be good or not, cuz sometimes the transmission is broken, the sound is like cracked. It's hard to optimize the windows 10, so I would like to ask, if z8350 will do better for N3160 or not, thank you Miska

12 hours ago, KevinTong said:

So, Z8350 should be good or not, cuz sometimes the transmission is broken, the sound is like cracked. It's hard to optimize the windows 10, so I would like to ask, if z8350 will do better for N3160 or not, thank you Miska

It should do fine in my opinion too. Windows can be sometimes annoying when it is running it's background maintenance services which can consume a lot of CPU and I/O resources. But doing DSD512 to the T+A DAC shouldn't consume much CPU time. You can check from the resource monitor how much load you have.

Sometimes enabling high performance power profile can help.

What kind of network infra do you have?

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

It should do fine in my opinion too. Windows can be sometimes annoying when it is running it's background maintenance services which can consume a lot of CPU and I/O resources. But doing DSD512 to the T+A DAC shouldn't consume much CPU time. You can check from the resource monitor how much load you have.

Sometimes enabling high performance power profile can help.

What kind of network infra do you have?

I go utp 6e directly connect to my pc. I was using lattepanda for NAA, but yesterday was broken by updating bios, tried to make cpu stable lol, I might go cl100 as well or buy an n3150 nuc from taobao, does z8350 sound quality better than n3150/3160 better? And any suggestion for power supply? Btw when will hq support up dts?

Thank you.xD

1 hour ago, KevinTong said:

I go utp 6e directly connect to my pc. I was using lattepanda for NAA, but yesterday was broken by updating bios, tried to make cpu stable lol, I might go cl100 as well or buy an n3150 nuc from taobao, does z8350 sound quality better than n3150/3160 better? And any suggestion for power supply? Btw when will hq support up dts?

Thank you.xD

There's no way to say anything about sound quality based purely on the SoC model, because there are many other factors like power supply design that matter more...

CL100 has exactly the features I wanted, looks kind of cool, is ready-made and has been working just fine for me (after replacing the whining stock PSU - I hate SMPS where chokes make annoying acoustic whining).

DTS? Sorry, but I cannot see use case for that. And it would be really expensive feature... Just like HDMI in DACs, it is not really feasible for small volume products.