IGNORED

I could not resist any longer...

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

You're right, sucking all my money in, never to be seen again.

The problem is I like both sets of speakers.  They are different enough that I have to pick one and not the other.  The Sierra 2s are much cheaper and not as good looking.

if you had a summer house in the country, it would make sense to have 2 systems...

Doc, I've got the Olympica III's, so I more than understand. You want to hear achingly beautiful, try the III's! This are widely considered the best value, by far, in the entire Sonus Faber line, and are indeed beautiful to look at too. The craftsmanship is simply superb. Aren't the Druid MK V's still around too?

JC

42 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Doc, I've got the Olympica III's, so I more than understand. You want to hear achingly beautiful, try the III's! This are widely considered the best value, by far, in the entire Sonus Faber line, and are indeed beautiful to look at too. The craftsmanship is simply superb. Aren't the Druid MK V's still around too?

JC

The Druids are still here.  I listen in two places, my home office desk where I am right now, and my dedicated listening space, where the Druids live.  However I have considered giving them a sexy companion in the Olympics 3s...

No electron left behind.

23 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am demoing a pair of the Sonus Faber Olympica 1 speakers connected to my MAC7200 and it sounds like a match made in heaven.  These are also probably the most gorgeous speakers I have ever seen.  Achingly beautiful.

I understand your interest in the Olympica 1. I own the Sonus Faber Venere 2, but I have been thinking about the Olympica 1 for a while now. They are incredibly beautiful. I have yet to hear them though. 

4 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I'd probably have 3 at that point.  I like listening to music when I am home on my computer.

Makes perfect sense. I have a fairly decent system in my den, for where I am on the computer:

PrimaLUna Dialogue Premium integrated amplifier

HoloSpring Kitsune Level 3 DAC

MicroRendu 1.4

Bogdan Audio Art Deco - little known, but shockingly good speakers for the money.

JC

13 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The Druids are still here.  I listen in two places, my home office desk where I am right now, and my dedicated listening space, where the Druids live.  However I have considered giving them a sexy companion in the Olympics 3s...

Doc, I strongly recommend you go for the Olympica III's. You will never regret it. If you decide to do so, PM me prior to purchasing. 

JC

20 minutes ago, Indydan said:

I understand your interest in the Olympica 1. I own the Sonus Faber Venere 2, but I have been thinking about the Olympica 1 for a while now. They are incredibly beautiful. I have yet to hear them though. 

I strongly recommend it.

No electron left behind.

18 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Doc, I strongly recommend you go for the Olympica III's. You will never regret it. If you decide to do so, PM me prior to purchasing. 

JC

You don't have it on your profile, what do you use for amplification to drive the Olympica IIIs?

No electron left behind.