IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

On 5/6/2018 at 4:59 PM, Yorkshireman said:

Considering Naim originally came up with the perfect recipe for the best digital source using a separate power supply I can’t for the life of me understand why they didn’t lead the way and come out with a super server first using there knowledge and expertise. For non Naimies the image bellow shows the Naim CDS with separate power supply c1991.

naim_1991_CDS.jpg?itok=RtAOGJle

This is because they got stuck with the old outsourced UnitiServe platform and completely missed the software developments that have lead to the current generation of Linux based music server and network renderers: from Innuos, Antipodes, SoTM, Sonore, Allo, HiFiBerry, etc. 

Now they are trying to catch up. However, the results obtained so far with the new Uniti range are, from the point of view of software, quite disappointing in my view.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:50 AM, rafa said:

Sotm never stated all parameters so hard to say which is better.

3PPB clock stability is very very good. But still, it doesn't mean it will be the best audio server.

Hahahaha!  3 pp/B is long term clock stability and means nothing for performance of this device.  Long term clock stability is important if you want your clock to be accurate over a period of months or years (as for an atomic clock to tell time).  Since audio listening is a short term thing, it means nothing for audio performance and is pure marketing.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

3ppb is a measure of how accurately a clock produces a designated frequency so is by definition not a measure of long term stability. A 3ppb accurate clock running at 10Mhz would therefore meet its designated frequency within 3 billionths of that frequency. Its long term stability would be the integration of that error rate and may be expressed as either a fixed error over a variable time period for example 1 second in 10,000 years  or as a variable error over a fixed time period, for example 0.000001 seconds per year. 

Whether a clock has good long term stability in a DAC is irrelevant, unless you’re using your DAC to wake you up every morning. The fact that you switch it off every day renders long term accuracy moot. What’s important it that when its switched on it defines the sampling rate accurately, which means how accurately does it produce its designated frequency. 

On 5/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, barrows said:

Hahahaha!  3 pp/B is long term clock stability and means nothing for performance of this device.  Long term clock stability is important if you want your clock to be accurate over a period of months or years (as for an atomic clock to tell time).  Since audio listening is a short term thing, it means nothing for audio performance and is pure marketing.

hahaha...

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Opera Callas speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro

On 5/26/2018 at 7:17 AM, Yorkshireman said:

After the news from Innuos at Munich I’m very much looking forward to the release of the SE ADD ON/Upgrade box/option. 

Does anyone have any rough idea of when it might be available or specs?

I own an Innuos Zenith SE.  Did Innuos say there will be an SE ADD ON/upgrade box/option to bring it to Statement level?

Thanks

Cable Modem w/Mojo 5 power-> Innuos Zenith SE running Roon+Tidal-> Totaldac server-> Totaldac Twelve SE-> CH Precision L1+X1-> 2x Krell FPB 750mcx-> Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers  Cables: Kubala Realization (speaker), Echole Omnia 2x XLR and 3x AES, Totaldac Gigafilter USB,  Other: Echole Omnia power cables, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, four dedicated 20A lines

2 hours ago, vpnogueira said:

I own an Innuos Zenith SE.  Did Innuos say there will be an SE ADD ON/upgrade box/option to bring it to Statement level?

Thanks

There is a video on YouTube from the Munich show where Nuno Vitorino from Innuos talks about an upgrade for the SE. But he says it won’t take the SE up to statement level but will improve on the standard SE.  

My guy sez.  A 2TB will be pax 14K US  --   this is his guess.   The Mk III, also no official price, will be more "affordable".

My take is they ask a lot of money to go from X TB to Y TB.    Greedy.  IMHO.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw photo of tne Innuos setup at the North West Audio Show.  I have the same Atacama shelf stack and have options to increase the spacer height, so could accomodate the Statement’s two boxes stacked.  Just wondering how much of a noise penalty there would be in doing that.  Would welcome Innuos comments.  Thanks.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 3 weeks later...

My original post addressed your assertion that the parts per billion spec for an OCXO clock is a long term stability spec, which it isn’t. Its a short term accuracy spec. 

Regarding oscillator clocks, jitter is a measure of variations in the time domain

Phase noise is the resulting product of jitter in the frequency domain. The more time variation, the more frequency variation, hence the spectrum of phase noise. 

If you look at all the major oscillator manufacturers and resellers, they all spec their clock’s accuracy in ppm or ppb.  The lower the number, the more accurate the clock (the closer it comes to always producing the desired frequency) the less jitter and resulting phase noise.

I have several devices with high end clocks. They all benefit from a warm-up but there’s no real SQ benefit that I can hear from leaving them on 24/7 

Generally speaking, in terms of sound quality, a 30 minute warm up with signal flow is far more effective than leaving a device idling 24/7, as the idling device still requires the 30 minutes with signal to sound its best.  The only exception I’ve found was with my Naim Active System, which seemed to need several days to reach optimum performance and did indeed benefit from remaining on 24/7. And that system had no oscillators; until I added a CDS. 

5 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

If you look at all the major oscillator manufacturers and resellers, they all spec their clock’s accuracy in ppm or ppb.  The lower the number, the more accurate the clock (the closer it comes to always producing the desired frequency) the less jitter and resulting phase noise.

This is incorrect as the relationship between accuracy and phase noise in OCXOs is just somewhat consequential.  There are plenty of high accuracy (“low ppb”) OCXOs—priced in the hundreds of $—whose phase noise is much worse than the $10 Crystek CCHD-575.

Techniques and design goals for high accuracy/stability clocks are not the same as they are for ultra-low phase-noise clocks!  That is why you will see that many oscillator manufacturers call out different models in their lineup as being one or the other.

Here’s the website I use to check certain definitions

http://www.4timing.com/techoscillator.htm

As far I can see, the ppb spec defines maximum deviation, jitter is a statistical measure of time deviations and phase noise is basically a statistical measure of the results of jitter in the frequency domain. 

So, an oscillator with high ppm deviation will vary substantially from the nominal desired time or frequency, while an oscillator with low ppb deviation will exhibit very low deviation from the desired time or frequency. 

If I have this wrong, would you kind illustrate how and where. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Chassi looks to be all silver, will it also be available in all black?

38199959_2187508984864469_8814192568444125184_o.thumb.jpg.72c0e465f0c46a4ac99e16e7809552b0.jpg

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree