IGNORED

ApplePi DAC - Highest Performance Rpi DAC Launched

Look at the date...that was before our latest changes and tests.

XLR is at -113.8 :/ , we are testing the unit on a different AP machine(better than ours) in Delhi (at AP rep office)

So if you don't mind , can you answer whats your THD+N on RCA A weigted , 1Khz , 0dbfs ?

8 minutes ago, allo.com said:

So if you don't mind , can you answer whats your THD+N on RCA A weigted , 1Khz , 0dbfs ?

I do not have those test results, so I do not want to speculate. My guess would be 108dB since the sinal amplitude is halfed.

My tests were done on an ATS-2 which is more than 20 years old, on a new analyzer the results would be better, just like in your case.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:47 PM, opus101 said:

In this case you have an FFT process gain of about 45dB (the precise figure depends on your windowing function too to some degree). Meaning when you see a point on the FFT at -145dB, if that is a flat line across the whole spectrum your integrated (20-22kHz) noise works out at -100dB.

I am sorry for any mis-information, I have reviewed all of the measurement data that I have received and I do not know how the third party came up with a dynamic range of 135dB.

In the future I will have to review all data more carefully.

All other measurements are correct.

See attached plots.

a6891057b0f19adb74544160df0015fe_original.jpg

FB_IMG_1521806977728.jpg

FB_IMG_1521806961897.jpg

FB_IMG_1521806950307.jpg

Now you can get and ApplePi DAC system that is completely ready to go out of the box, and includes a 7" touchscreen.

Picture:
976ea4d1a69353af2432ee67047f39c4_origina

Here is a video showing it in action:
https://youtu.be/WOCduJMGcFU

Kickstarter project link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1844799967/applepi-dac-highest-performance-raspberry-pi-dac

Also:

I will be doing a demo of the ApplePi DAC and the CRISPIN amplifier in Long Island, NY on April 28th, There is room for a few more people. If you would be interested in attending send me a PM to get full info.

Sounds like a Marketing winner.

With a name like Apple how can it lose? All it needs is a hint of that Mac Aluminum and folks will be flocking to own one or two.

4 hours ago, orchardaudio said:

The live demo of the ApplePi DAC and CRISPIN Ultra stereo amplifier will now also be streamed live on YouTube. 04/28/18 @ 2pm EST

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0FhXLD05AY

Surely people won't be able to judge sound quality via YouTube, but at least they can see it work.

Of course you are aware of the number of Saber DacHats on the market and their price as reference.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

Surely people won't be able to judge sound quality via YouTube, but at least they can see it work.

Of course you are aware of the number of Saber DacHats on the market and their price as reference.

Good luck!

They will see it work and also see the responses of the 20+ people present at the actual demo.

• 2 weeks later...

The ApplePi DAC went on a tour around the country. Here is what people who have tried it, have to say:

Wayne - Littleton, CO
"This is a very well engineered and built DAC. I again suggest folks sign up for the tour and listen yourself." and "I spent a good week listening to it and came away extremely impressed with what Leo has done with this DAC hat."

Alan - Harrisburg, OR
"I have had the Apple Pie for a while and I must say I am really impressed." and "Any way this is a dammed fine budget setup that punches way above it's weight."

Sharschchandra - Austin, TX
"The build quality is top notch and I really like the layout." and"The unit sound great out of box, very organic, almost neutral and full bodied (compared to ES9038PRO based DACs). The vocals were amazing especially on the JBL 4312B monitors."

Jerry - Camarillo, CA
"This is one sweet little Dac, Leo. I actually left work early today just to spend more time getting to listen." and "You have one helluva nice piece here; I appreciate the gracious demo."

The tour continues to this day, and will continue beyond Kickstarter. If you would like to sign up, go here: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.ph...901#msg1665901