IGNORED

Who needs to fiddle more with music - Moodelizer

For those who wish to fiddle with sounds, there's Moodelizer, this is what it can/could do.

"All the old kind of formats — if you want to call them that — like MP3, CD, and vinyl are just stereo files … You can’t do anything to it. You can turn it up, or turn it down, maybe add some bass. But, that’s it. Dynamic Playback opens up the music. It makes it almost three dimensional, in a way. It changes what’s playing, which instruments you’re hearing, which variation. Also, from the point of creation for musicians and the ones who are writing the music, they can open up the song where you can give the user access to sort of hidden gems within the song."

! A new discovery tool, or expander with a clever graphic EQ? Dynamic Playback to replace MP3, umm, replace once paid codec with another paid codec, heh, who needs MQA when you can fiddle endlessly. Replacing a lossy codec with another one is pointless, but if it can restore dynamic range, that's worth a listen, another quote:

"Could Dynamic Playback become the next MP3?

That’s what we think. That’s my mission. Once you have experienced dynamic music it’s kind of boring to turn back to straight, static music."

More here at Digital Trends.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I don't think this can be applied to regular music (files). This looks to be a sequencer (like from synthesizers) which allows you to change recorded sound elements which normally goes through MIDI commands. This, via a 3D like intelligent (for the purpose) control. Not really new in its basics, if you ask me.

It is essentially made to apply music to films and how throughout the scenes of it, sound, intensity and (orchestra) section changes (should adapt the film). A very useful tool for that.

Music can be picked from what's provided by the App (and I'd call that "sequences").

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)