IGNORED

Easter ‘Bug Bounty’ Hunt

Easter ‘Bug Bounty’ Hunt

Hunt 'em, wherever they are...

bounty1.thumb.jpg.38271577092d083f8f1a7d6ae00a63f6.jpg

Introduction

Our just announced firmware v5.30 is MQA capable and in one fell swoop, elevates legacy iFi products* with MQA capability for even more sonic enjoyment.

The MQA integration was a little difficult. It involved:

• Totally replacing the customised core code
  • Re-apply tuning/core loading and
  • Further fine tuning the firmware for even more precise allocated resource use in order to allow us to support MQA and 384kHz.

To bring all this to fruition required the combined efforts of the MQA and iFi software developers or a total of +1,000 programming hours to deliver firmware v5.30 (excluding testing on all iFi legacy units).

Notwithstanding, there may still be one or two software bugs we have not quashed – hence we would like to involve you, the customerin the Easter Bug Hunt.

Bug Bounty

The prize for the FIRST person to report each UNIQUE bug (this involves making a formal bug report, see next)

5ac01342ae87f_bounty2.thumb.png.366f9f4491b1ae145d1058f67ecbf4bd.png 

iEMatch (choice of 3.5mm or 2.5mm)

Bug Report Procedure 

1. Open ticket: http://support.ifi-audio.com/
  2. Provide full system configuration incl s/w and patch versions
  3. Description of the bug and HOW to replicate it
  4. Our tech team will then replicate and verify
  5. Customer must be contactable so that we can liaise (if we cannot replicate we may liaise)

Note: iFi reserves the right to decide if a bug is genuine/unique. Its decision is full and final.

We wish all our customers the best of luck with the bug hunt!

Legacy

*The only exception is the original iDAC.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Greetings! I already submitted a trouble ticket (and promptly received a response—on Easter Sunday!). But this bug is significant  enough so that it should be posted on the forum as some folks may want to hold off on the update until this gets sorted out. As discussed in the official thread for the MQA update you do indeed lose the DSD 512 capability for example a iDSD micro DAC. However I updated via Mac and connect to a mac via USB and use the Audirvana (and Roon) software. not only did I lose DSD 512 I also seem to have lost DSD 256. Now my dac only shows as dsd 128 max capable in both audirvana and Roon! This is a big bummer and a far cry from my dsd 512 via HQplayer I was doing. Not sure MQA is worth that compromise! Please at least get DSD 256 back for the iDSD micro when upgrading software...may borrow a friends windows laptop to try to reflash the firmware w/windows!

thanks 

Doug