IGNORED

MQA on all iFi devices. AND on ANDROID!

2 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

I couldn't get two different nano's to upgrade firmware on two different USB-C Macs and iFi support was zero help.

Has anyone else gotten this to work on a USB-C Mac?

No.  I wound up using a Windows 10 VM I had sitting around :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

12 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

iFi support was zero help

My experience as well on an issue with iGalvanic.  Makes me very nervous about buying something like an iDSD Pro for $2500.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 1 month later...
Why is the 5.30'Cookies & Cream 'Firmware (Latest version) playing well by Daphile and I have DSD256? The diode indicates DSD256 playback (blue color). All other frequencies are also signaled correctly by the iFiDo diode iDSD Black Label diode.
  • 4 weeks later...

Folks...

CanJam London 2018!

CJ2018.thumb.jpg.eaa0651967488b191bf1f3b68a127317.jpg

...and two of our staff - Sarah and Hannah - will be there! The girls will be located with iFi audio hardware at the Electromod's booth! Please do visit the place, the iFi ladies don't bite!

And to all able to visit the event, enjoy!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 2 weeks later...

I just put a new Nano iDSD BL into my system and haven't been able to get the LED to show magenta for MQA.  I'm using Audirvana with Tidal, going over the wifi to a Raspberry Pi running Volumio and out via a USB to the Nano.  The LED comes up green.  I just checked Audirvana again and the volume control setting says "DAC Only". 

Is there something I've missed here?

On 7/29/2018 at 2:56 AM, zacster said:

I just put a new Nano iDSD BL into my system and haven't been able to get the LED to show magenta for MQA.  I'm using Audirvana with Tidal, going over the wifi to a Raspberry Pi running Volumio and out via a USB to the Nano.  The LED comes up green.  I just checked Audirvana again and the volume control setting says "DAC Only". 

Is there something I've missed here?

Do you have our MQA firmware installed? 

https://ifi-audio.com/nano-idsd-bl-xmos-firmware/

And yes, you should have magenta LED visible on your Nano iDSD BL.

Thanks, that worked!  I somehow just figured a new in the box item would have the latest firmware, especially since the manual card was up to date. 

On another note, in the interim I've downloaded some DXD and DSD 256 files and they just sound spectacular on the Nano.  Even my wife noticed and she generally just patronizes me with my audio hobby.  She said it just sounded live in the room.  I have to agree.

I upgraded my Micro I DSD (silver) to firmware 5.30. I am getting occasional  dropouts on MQA through Roon. I am using a IPad as a Roon endpoint with the Micro in my headphone rig. I have no issues with drop outs on high Rez streaming to the Ipad up to DSD 128.

I have the settings in Roon set to Renderer for MQA and I am getting the yellow light indicating MQA.

wondering if anyone else having issues?

thanks 

Tom

Computer Audio

4TB Seagate>Windows 8 Laptop>JRiver 20>Wywires Silver USB>Schitt Wyrd or IFI IUSB>Wywires Silver USB or IFI Gemini USB>IFI Micro iDSD DAC

Audio Rig

VPI Super Scoutmaster Signature Rim Drive, Benz Wood SL

Aesthetix Rhea Signature phono stage

Oppo 105 CD/SACD player

Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp

Moscode 401 HR power amp

Vandersteen 5a Carbon

Harmonic Technology Interconnects and Speaker Cables

Kubala Sosna and Kaplan Cable power cords

Shunyata Hydra 8 power conditioner

13 hours ago, Tnewell said:

I upgraded my Micro I DSD (silver) to firmware 5.30. I am getting occasional  dropouts on MQA through Roon. I am using a IPad as a Roon endpoint with the Micro in my headphone rig. I have no issues with drop outs on high Rez streaming to the Ipad up to DSD 128.

I have the settings in Roon set to Renderer for MQA and I am getting the yellow light indicating MQA.

wondering if anyone else having issues?

thanks 

Tom

Please shoot us a message here: http://support.ifi-audio.com

Our support team should be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, awesome news!

EISA (the European Sound and Imaging Association) has awarded the xDSD as the Best Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier for 2018-2019.

The official release is to be found here:

B| HAPPY!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running my iFi Nano iDSD with a Raspberry Pi running volumio, and streamed music from Audirvana over DLNA.  I'm finding the beginnings and ends of tracks being cut off on MQA.  Other formats seem to be fine.  I'm not getting smooth transitions on what should be gapless tracks. Any advice?  

45 minutes ago, zacster said:

I'm running my iFi Nano iDSD with a Raspberry Pi running volumio, and streamed music from Audirvana over DLNA.  I'm finding the beginnings and ends of tracks being cut off on MQA.  Other formats seem to be fine.  I'm not getting smooth transitions on what should be gapless tracks. Any advice?  

That's expected with MQA. Complain to Bob Stuart.

• 3 weeks later...

Also folks, AMR will be demoing two machines in the Colorado Audio Society Hospitality Suite at RMAF. Room 6007.

1.thumb.png.83b4668f1bedab309bdf189c6784d4c2.png

2.thumb.png.1a87dc466ead02a079af3f81459fbfc7.png

Yup, we're giving away Fast Blow fuses for Magnepan speakers! 2.5A for Magnepan 3.6/3.7 and 4A for other Magnepan machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, I'm a bit puzzled.

iFi micro DSD

I installed first the 5.30 FW and it often seemed to be in 8x mode (Yellow LED). Also when I'm just running it without exclusive access in TIDAL client on windows.

The soundquality was spectacular with my newly installed JCAT USB Femto board. I run Bit-Perfect on the micro DSD.

So I install the newest 5.3C FW and it seems to have the same behaviour with yellow light often on even though you are not running MQA material in tidal, just regular PCM.

But here in 5.3C the sonic signature seemed to change.

1. I also see a FW note regarding GTO filter has been added on the minimum phase slot.

2. I run Bit-Perfect switch/slot but I also read FW note saying that if the device runs MQA (8x mode) it will default to GTO filter regardless what setting is on the micro DSD switches.

My question is with 5.3C FW if I see the yellow LED light(8x) which seems to be on more occassions than running MQA flagged material, do this new GTO filter always run regardless of my switch preference setting to Bit-Perfect?

Headphone: JCAT Femto USB 2.0 FW -> Mytek Liberty DAC -> Hifiman Jade II energizer with SR Orange Fuse -> Hifiman Jade II (nov '19)

HT/Streaming:Xeon ROON server -> Uptone Etherregen/BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO -> Meridian 210/ATV4K -> Meridian 861V8 Processor/UHD722 HDMI upsampler -> Meridian DSP 8000SE/7200SE/5200SE Speakers. Sim2 HT380 1080P Projector with T2 Optics. XEIT Anamorphic lens. Stewart CineCurve Studiotek 130 Screen.

4 hours ago, crion said:

My question is with 5.3C FW if I see the yellow LED light(8x) which seems to be on more occassions than running MQA flagged material, do this new GTO filter always run regardless of my switch preference setting to Bit-Perfect?

Yes, GTO is always on hence the yellow LED colour to indicate this.

Thanks for clearing that up iFi.

Can I set windows 10 to output 384kHz so that the windows volume mixer always runs in 384kHz mode instead of 192kHz mode??

Headphone: JCAT Femto USB 2.0 FW -> Mytek Liberty DAC -> Hifiman Jade II energizer with SR Orange Fuse -> Hifiman Jade II (nov '19)

HT/Streaming:Xeon ROON server -> Uptone Etherregen/BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO -> Meridian 210/ATV4K -> Meridian 861V8 Processor/UHD722 HDMI upsampler -> Meridian DSP 8000SE/7200SE/5200SE Speakers. Sim2 HT380 1080P Projector with T2 Optics. XEIT Anamorphic lens. Stewart CineCurve Studiotek 130 Screen.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll answer my own question. I switched to my Mytek libery dac and there i had no problem setting 24/384kHz in windows 10 build 1809 audio output to let windows audio mixer perform at my DAC PC chains highest level. Don't know why the iFi micro iDSD stayed at 24/192kHz windows audio output..

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2018 at 11:41 PM, crion said:

I'll answer my own question. I switched to my Mytek libery dac and there i had no problem setting 24/384kHz in windows 10 build 1809 audio output to let windows audio mixer perform at my DAC PC chains highest level. Don't know why the iFi micro iDSD stayed at 24/192kHz windows audio output..

If it's not too late to ask, have you had the latest driver installed? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to update my ifi iDSD micro DAC from firmware v5.30 to v5.30C using my MacBook Pro, but I cannot find the "macOS firmware update program" referenced in Step 3 of this link: https://ifi-audio.com/downloads/.  It seems to have disappeared from the ifi Downloads page.  Could someone please post the macOS firmware update program here or at the ifi Downloads page?  Thanks very much.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

14 hours ago, Bootzilla said:

Hi, I would like to update my ifi iDSD micro DAC from firmware v5.30 to v5.30C using my MacBook Pro, but I cannot find the "macOS firmware update program" referenced in Step 3 of this link: https://ifi-audio.com/downloads/.  It seems to have disappeared from the ifi Downloads page.  Could someone please post the macOS firmware update program here or at the ifi Downloads page?  Thanks very much.

It's in there, right next to download icon for Windows.

Thanks. Do you mean the "MAC Download" directly to the right of v5.30C that looks like this?

image.thumb.png.ff7a2376c4ead17cf1e62bdfb2f898a7.png

If so, I found that and downloaded and unzipped it yesterday, but it would not launch on my MacBook Pro (mid-2012 running the latest version of HIgh Sierra).  I assumed that that download is the new v5.30C firmware, and that the macOS firmware update program is a separate download, which I was not able to locate.  If they are one and the same, I am not sure how to launch/install the update program.  Thanks.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

39 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Thanks. Do you mean the "MAC Download" directly to the right of v5.30C that looks like this?

image.thumb.png.ff7a2376c4ead17cf1e62bdfb2f898a7.png

If so, I found that and downloaded and unzipped it yesterday, but it would not launch on my MacBook Pro (mid-2012 running the latest version of HIgh Sierra).  I assumed that that download is the new v5.30C firmware, and that the macOS firmware update program is a separate download, which I was not able to locate.  If they are one and the same, I am not sure how to launch/install the update program.  Thanks.

Please contact our support team here: http://support.ifi-audio.com

We're positive they'll be able to help you, thanks!