IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

38 minutes ago, soares said:

I am sorry for my ignorance, but "embedded" means that I will be able to run HQ Player in my sonic transporter without any other computer? That would be great. I am currently using a Mac where I run HQ Player with a sonic transporter using Roon and an ultrarendu.Thanks.

And you will LOVE it

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Assuming the "App Switching" you are talking about here involves stopping and starting HQPlayer process, you get another 30 minutes when it is started again.

The app switcher switches from NAA to Roon Ready on the Rendu Series player. This is not HQPlayer server Best way to restart HQPlayer on the sonicTransporter (server) is to reboot.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

1 hour ago, soares said:

I am sorry for my ignorance, but "embedded" means that I will be able to run HQ Player in my sonic transporter without any other computer?

Yes this is a complete Roon Server and HQPlayer solution. All running on low latency Linux. The sonicTransporter is a plug-and-play appliance so you don't need to known anything about Linux you just attach the sonicTransporter to your router with an Ethernet cable and manage it all from a web browser on a computer or tablet.

You can set up Roon and HQPlayer with no monitor or keyboard or computer involved!

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/audio-server/products/sonictransporter-roon-server-hqplayer

agillis

Small Green Computer

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Some clarifications are needed because SonicOrbiter on the Rendu series is different than SonicOrbiter on the Transporter series. 

SonicOrbiter on the Rendu series has an App Switcher to switch between output protocols.

SonicOrbiter on the Transporter series does not have an App Switcher. When the server software (HQ Player, Roon, etc) is installed it's always running on the unit. So if HQ Player embedded is installed the 30 minute clock starts at boot up. The only way to restart the clock is to reboot the unit. Andrew can add a button to restart the application, but Jussi would need to approve it.

Ahh, sorry for the mess-up. I have the Rendu and know how it works, but the SonicOrbiter setup wasn't completely clear to me... :)

Rebooting is probably easiest and best because it can be also done by pressing a physical button press (ACPI shutdown&power-on) and it is likely very quick.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 hours ago, agillis said:

Yes this is a complete Roon Server and HQPlayer solution. All running on low latency Linux. The sonicTransporter is a plug-and-play appliance so you don't need to known anything about Linux you just attach the sonicTransporter to your router with an Ethernet cable and manage it all from a web browser on a computer or tablet.

You can set up Roon and HQPlayer with no monitor or keyboard or computer involved!

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/audio-server/products/sonictransporter-roon-server-hqplayer

Thank you guys for these excellent news. I have 2 questions: i) I assume that for the time being  your are testing the software. So when it will be available? How do I migrate/and install my HQ Player that is running on my Mac I'm my sonic transporter i5? Thanks.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

Rebooting is probably easiest and best because it can be also done by pressing a physical button press (ACPI shutdown&power-on) and it is likely very quick

Or delete and reinstall the app. Then music don’t stop. And it’s much faster ?

Alao I noticed by doing so I alao got the latest HQPlayer version.

Another question:

In order to use convolution with HQPlayer embedded I have to use convolution inside HQPlayer. This option seems not to be implemented yet. Is the correct ? 

And when to expect convolution to be available ?

Do you know if Roon is planning to support, as Roon now sates unsupported  

Can you also confirm HAF filters is expected to work inside HQPlayer embedded ?

I’ve used HAF with Roon and HQPlayer for Windows. 

9 hours ago, agillis said:

I’m sure people would like to know how well DSD is done on a i5 SonicTransporter. 

What does your tests show ?

(Old as well the new version offered). 

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

In order to use convolution with HQPlayer embedded I have to use convolution inside HQPlayer. This option seems not to be implemented yet. Is the correct ? 

not sure You can ask Signalyst about that.

I don't. Ask on the Roon forum!

Not sure You can ask Signalyst about that.

agillis

Small Green Computer

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Yes it is implemented... You can see a link "Convolution" in the web GUI.

What do you mean by that?

At least they list HQPlayer, so I would assume so...

https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/english/requirements/

33 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes it is implemented... You can see a link "Convolution" in the web GUI.

It’s not working. Nothing is happening when clicking that link. That’s why I’m asking. 

Edit:

The same problem applies to some of the other links as well. 

2 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Exactly this:

02908B96-C2F9-465F-8BFA-78CB3A142FD7.jpeg

You are now looking at Roon DSP engine settings, those have nothing to do with HQPlayer. When using HQPlayer, always turn off the Roon's DSP engine using the switch in top-left corner of that dialog. Unless you for some reason really really want to use Roon's DSP engine instead of HQPlayer's...

11 minutes ago, agillis said:

Do you have basic playback working already?

Yes, I can play through HQPlayer embedded to my UltraRendu. 

(As you may remember I said App Switcher had a problem in another post in this thread)

These tabs is not working:

Main (If meant to be different from config)

Input

Speakers

Convolution

Backup

24 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Yes, I can play through HQPlayer embedded to my UltraRendu. 

(As you may remember I said App Switcher had a problem in another post in this thread)

These tabs is not working:

Main (If meant to be different from config)

Input

Speakers

Convolution

Backup

They only open after you have selected your NAA device.  

To Miska,

I already have a license to run HQ Player on a Mac. Can I migrate it to my sonic transporter as I did with my Roon license? If not possible, shall we current users have a rebate when acquiring a new license for using HQ Player in my sonic transporter? Thanks 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

6 hours ago, soares said:

To Miska,

I already have a license to run HQ Player on a Mac. Can I migrate it to my sonic transporter as I did with my Roon license? If not possible, shall we current users have a rebate when acquiring a new license for using HQ Player in my sonic transporter? Thanks 

I have asked this question several times, in different threads. 

There is is no way you can do what you’re asking. Just forget it. And no discount.

The absolutely only way to get a license for HQPlayer embedded is to purchase at full price, and it’s hardware locked to your device for ever. 

Even if you upgrade from i5 to i7 you will have to purchase a new license.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/terrible-customer-service-from-hqplayer/40994/68?u=r1200cl

Here is a copy of my original question that Miska answered in the above link. 

The only thing that has change is if a hw failure occurs, you will be granted a “new” license for free. But you have to go through Sonore of cause. 

Miska:

Please consider a different way yo do trail. Or consider at least a introduction offer. The price you're asking is way to high i think. And more than double the original HQPlayer. (Adding 25% VAT as well). I'm close to pay 3000 NOK.

Or maybe remove the DSD for those, like me, that don't need it. I guess the DSD is limited anyway with the i5 hardware. Correct ?

I know I probably speak for deaf ears, but maybe if others, and maybe enough "votes", you may reconsider.

It must be better to sell 5000 copies for $150 as an example than 1000 at $336. It's getting close to purchase another LPS-1 or the new Uptone switch.

Also knowing that a HW failure makes the license totally useless doesn't make the  purchase more attempting. And I can tell you I already had one.