IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

41 minutes ago, Al Jones said:

Just installed HQ Player Embedded on my Sonic Transporter.

When I try to play via Roon/HQ, I get the following message: “Transport: Couldn’t connect to HQ Player” and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

You must go into your ip adress of SonicTransporter + add exactly :8088 after ip adress. 192.168.1.1:8088 as an example. 

Type user id and password. 

Then you must select you endpoint, which must have NAA selected. That’s the only thing you should do in order to get sound. 

Assuming you have added the correct ip for HQPlayer in Roon ?

892DDA96-063F-4AA4-9247-055DF1AECE43.jpeg

Thanks for your reply.

What is my endpoint and where do I select it?

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

8 minutes ago, Al Jones said:

Thanks for your reply.

What is my endpoint and where do I select it?

Aha. Do you connect an USB cable direct from the SonicTransporter to a DAC ?

And endpoint would normally  be a MicroRendu or similar. And I’ve noticed you have the UltraRendu as I have. 

My picture shows where you select endpoint in HQPlayer embedded interface. 

On 3/26/2018 at 7:23 PM, vortecjr said:

That seems to coincide with #1 and #3 above. #4 I don't get playback and for # 6 I get resampling? 

When i use #4 all DSD converts to PCM. I have to change Auto to SDM to get DSD. What I want is for all PCM and DSD to playback without conversion but with the upsampling settings I have chosen. How do I do this?

Thanks again. I found my endpoint Sonore Signature SE and now there is music.

Bypassing Roon’s processing makes a huge difference!

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

@Miska@agillis

@vortecjr

I need some proper explanations from you guys.

I'm trying to switch between Roon RAAT and HQPlayer embedded. It's more or less impossible to do.

Using the Audio App Switcher doesn't work. The ultraRendu freezes and error messages appear.

Trying to go back again is also a mess.

I would like a detailed step by step guide how to switch between Roon and HQplayer ?

If it's meant to work at all ? (Switch between Apps etc)

Further I need to understand how this HQPlayer 30 minutes actually work. Can i play for 10 min., then play something on Roon RAAT, lets say for 25 min, and then I have 20 min left of HQPlayer ? I'm afraid not. It seems once HQPlayer is working, you're locked. Please confirm.

How does this 30 min work ? How does it count the 30 min no matter what ? Do you have to play music or not ? I think whatever you do, the meter is running. Correct ?

What is the proper or only way to stop HQPlayer ?

Will any of this behavior disappear if I purchase a license ?

Miska:

Please consider a different way yo do trail. Or consider at least a introduction offer. The price you're asking is way to high i think. And more than double the original HQPlayer. (Adding 25% VAT as well). I'm close to pay 3000 NOK.

Or maybe remove the DSD for those, like me, that don't need it. I guess the DSD is limited anyway with the i5 hardware. Correct ?

I know I probably speak for deaf ears, but maybe if others, and maybe enough "votes", you may reconsider.

It must be better to sell 5000 copies for $150 as an example than 1000 at $336. It's getting close to purchase another LPS-1 or the new Uptone switch.

Also knowing that a HW failure makes the license totally useless doesn't make the  purchase more attempting. And I can tell you I already had one.

22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Miska:

Please consider a different way yo do trail. Or consider at least a introduction offer. The price you're asking is way to high i think. And more than double the original HQPlayer. (Adding 25% VAT as well). I'm close to pay 3000 NOK.

Or maybe remove the DSD for those, like me, that don't need it. I guess the DSD is limited anyway with the i5 hardware. Correct ?

I think it is still too cheap. Or actually HQPlayer Desktop is way too cheap, no inflation adjustments in a long time. Or paid upgrades either.

23 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

It must be better to sell 5000 copies for $150 as an example than 1000 at $336.

Not necessarily...

27 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

It's getting close to purchase another LPS-1 or the new Uptone switch.

Ahh! So the HQPlayer is certainly too cheap! How many work hours did designing LPS-1 or Uptone switch take?

HQPlayer has taken me 20 years to get to the point where it is now, and in October this year my company has 10th anniversary. If you look this from business investment perspective, the project should break even at least before I die. But I have some doubts if it will ever happen... This is constant ongoing work, but it didn't happen all by itself in the past either.

I personally wouldn't have any mental problems to slam high-end'ish 20k€ price tag on the software, I think it would be much more justified than the price tags for lot of high-end hardware.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

19 hours ago, Kilauea50 said:

@Miska I have a Mytek Liberty Dac and have stuttering converting to DSD. The server is a STi7. Can you recommend playback settings? I just got this Dac and am still figuring it out. Thank you 

This is a good starting point, you can also try with other -2s filters too:

Screenshot_2018-04-11_23-50-10.thumb.png.34299939960160ff64f6e1f365bba1df.png

@vortecjr @agillis

The present version of HQPlayer embedded  is 4.04. The version we got is 3 revision older.  (Maybe not many days difference though). 

I suppose we’re dependent on using the Sonicorbiter update function in order to get an opgrade ?

How often, or long time after official releases is your intention to keep on track with HQPlayer official releases ?

Can we hope for a way to update without a time delay ?

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Also knowing that a HW failure makes the license totally useless doesn't make the  purchase more attempting. And I can tell you I already had one.

By the way, if the hardware gets broken and fixed, Andrew can just tell me he fixed something and if the fingerprint changed due to that I will just issue new key file for the fixed hardware. So in such case your license certainly doesn't become useless.

Using the Audio App Switcher doesn't work. The ultraRendu freezes and error messages appear.

Trying to go back again is also a mess.

Not sure why you are having this problem. All you should need to do is press the button in the app switcher. That is all I do here to switch. I'll do some more testing and see if there is some way for it to get "locked" or an error to during the switch.

Further I need to understand how this HQPlayer 30 minutes actually work. Can i play for 10 min., then play something on Roon RAAT, lets say for 25 min, and then I have 20 min left of HQPlayer ? I'm afraid not. It seems once HQPlayer is working, you're locked. Please confirm.

Not sure how this works. This would be a question for @Miska He can also help you with other HQPlayer licencing questions.

I just install the code he gives me :)

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

25 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

The present version of HQPlayer embedded  is 4.04. The version we got is 3 revision older.  (Maybe not many days difference though). 

We test new versions of software then release them to our users. In this case the latest version of HQPlayer (4.0.6) was released on April 6th. Press the upgrade button to get it.

agillis

Small Green Computer

10 minutes ago, agillis said:

Not sure why you are having this problem. All you should need to do is press the button in the app switcher. That is all I do here to switch. I'll do some more testing and see if there is some way for it to get "locked" or an error to during the switch.

You should do the tests with the trail version. 

1 minute ago, R1200CL said:

You should do the tests with the trail version. 

Yes we did extensive testing during the BETA and did not see the problem you are having. I also do not see the problem you are having now with the release version.

That does not mean you are not having the problem or that we will not soon find out what the problem is and resolve it.

agillis

Small Green Computer

For trial, simplest way to think about it is time HQPlayer process is running. Assuming the "App Switching" you are talking about here involves stopping and starting HQPlayer process, you get another 30 minutes when it is started again. So in this sense it behaves practically same way as the Desktop version.

So far, this has been best way of doing trial.

9 hours ago, Kilauea50 said:

When i use #4 all DSD converts to PCM. I have to change Auto to SDM to get DSD. What I want is for all PCM and DSD to playback without conversion but with the upsampling settings I have chosen. How do I do this?

This the post you want to look at:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/38918-sgc-sonictransporter-series-and-signalyst-hqplayer-4-embedded/?do=findComment&comment=799364

10 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Aha. Do you connect an USB cable direct from the SonicTransporter to a DAC ?

And endpoint would normally  be a MicroRendu or similar. And I’ve noticed you have the UltraRendu as I have. 

My picture shows where you select endpoint in HQPlayer embedded interface. 

Nice tech support...very much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Miska said:

For trial, simplest way to think about it is time HQPlayer process is running. Assuming the "App Switching" you are talking about here involves stopping and starting HQPlayer process, you get another 30 minutes when it is started again. So in this sense it behaves practically same way as the Desktop version.

So far, this has been best way of doing trial.

Some clarifications are needed because SonicOrbiter on the Rendu series is different than SonicOrbiter on the Transporter series. 

SonicOrbiter on the Rendu series has an App Switcher to switch between output protocols.

SonicOrbiter on the Transporter series does not have an App Switcher. When the server software (HQ Player, Roon, etc) is installed it's always running on the unit. So if HQ Player embedded is installed the 30 minute clock starts at boot up. The only way to restart the clock is to reboot the unit. Andrew can add a button to restart the application, but Jussi would need to approve it.

I am sorry for my ignorance, but "embedded" means that I will be able to run HQ Player in my sonic transporter without any other computer? That would be great. I am currently using a Mac where I run HQ Player with a sonic transporter using Roon and an ultrarendu.Thanks.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

11 minutes ago, soares said:

I am sorry for my ignorance, but "embedded" means that I will be able to run HQ Player in my sonic transporter without any other computer? That would be great. I am currently using a Mac where I run HQ Player with a sonic transporter using Roon and an ultrarendu.Thanks.

Correct.

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

Correct.

Great news! Thank you so much. 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.