IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

I’ve got an email from Andrew saying 2.6 is out, but I couldn’t upgrade:

My UltraRendu has been 2.6 for some time. So I’m a bit confused. 

Upgrade in progress...

04/10/2018 18:19:23 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...
Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:01 ago on Tue Apr 10 18:19:26 2018.
Dependencies resolved.
================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================================================
Upgrading:
sonicorbiter noarch 2.5-37.fc22 sonicorbiter 63 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade 1 Package

Total download size: 63 k
Downloading Packages:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 51 kB/s | 63 kB 00:01
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
Upgrading : sonicorbiter-2.5-37.fc22.noarch 1/2
Cleanup : sonicorbiter-2.5-35.fc22.noarch 2/2
Verifying : sonicorbiter-2.5-37.fc22.noarch 1/2
Verifying : sonicorbiter-2.5-35.fc22.noarch 2/2

Upgraded:
sonicorbiter.noarch 2.5-37.fc22

Complete!
04/10/2018 18:19:29 - Updating process 1 of 3 complete...
04/10/2018 18:19:34 - Updating process 2 of 3 complete...
04/10/2018 18:19:34 - Updating OS packages...
Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:01 ago on Tue Apr 10 18:19:32 2018.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
04/10/2018 18:19:34 - Updating process 3 of 3 complete. Please reboot
44 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

OK. I must have misunderstood. I taught this was the 2.6 for SonicTransporter ?

Well just keep following this tread, and we will be notified. 

Just saying he's the only one that mentioned it earlier. I also saw 2.6 listed on another SGC product before I got the email. I suppose it's a chicken-or-the-egg thing as work must be done to make it available before sending out the announcement, and these are small businesses.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

15 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

@Miska @agillisI just upgraded my STi7 to 2.6 without any issue, waited about 20 mins and installed HQP embedded.  It sounds absolutely wonderful.  I have a license for my Mac but how do I purchase and input license for this?  Thank you ;)

HQPlayer Embedded has web management GUI - usually http://ip:8088/ where "ip" is IP address or name of the device). From About-page (see links at the bottom of the said page) you can find hardware fingerprint string; the one that ends with "==". This fingerprint needs to be copy-pasted to the order form.

From here you can find a button for going to the web shop, last item on the page.

You get similar .xml key file as the Mac version has, from key-page of the web management GUI you can upload this key to the HQPlayer Embedded. Once successfully installed, restart the system.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer Embedded has web management GUI - usually http://ip:8088/ where "ip" is IP address or name of the device). From About-page (see links at the bottom of the said page) you can find hardware fingerprint string; the one that ends with "==". This fingerprint needs to be copy-pasted to the order form.

From here you can find a button for going to the web shop, last item on the page.

You get similar .xml key file as the Mac version has, from key-page of the web management GUI you can upload this key to the HQPlayer Embedded. Once successfully installed, restart the system.

Got it! Thank you!

35 minutes ago, diecaster said:

So, does using HQPlayer 4 Embedded in a sonicTransporter along with an endpoint that supports NAA output mode allow you to use Roon but bypasses it's network stack (RAAT) in favor of what HQPlayer provides?

24 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes... :)

@Miska

Cool. Some people say that Roon does not sound all that great compared to using something like an ultraRendu with DLNA. Do you agree? In your opinion, does using the HQPlayer/Roon server to an NAA/Roon endpoint solve that problem? Assume I would, at most, upsample to 24/192 but would likely just feed my DirectStream at the native sample rate.

If it does solve the Roon sound quality problem, what endpoints support NAA that you think are best? USB or I2S out would be what I am looking for here.

59 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

@Miska @agillisI just upgraded my STi7 to 2.6 without any issue, waited about 20 mins and installed HQP embedded.  It sounds absolutely wonderful.  I have a license for my Mac but how do I purchase and input license for this?  Thank you ;)

You can purchase a license direct from Signalyst.

https://order.shareit.com/product?vendorid=200082742&productid=300779869

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

44 minutes ago, diecaster said:

So, does using HQPlayer 4 Embedded in a sonicTransporter along with an endpoint that supports NAA output mode allow you to use Roon but bypasses it's network stack (RAAT) in favor of what HQPlayer provides?

@diecaster excatlly! it goes Roon Server -> HQplayer embeded server -> LAN -> NAA (on microRendu) -> USB -> DAC

So no RAAT and you can use all of Jussi's world famous upsampling and filters.

agillis

Small Green Computer

30 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

HQPlayer Embedded has web management GUI - usually http://ip:8088/ where "ip" is IP address or name of the device

Go to sonicobiter.com -> manage -> settings -> HQPlayer Embedded You will be give the option to launch the HQPlayer GUi and be given the user:pass (admin:admin) 

You guys are all to smart and bypassed all my documentation by going right to the URL!!!

Once in the GUI click about and you will be given the code you need to buy a license. Once you have the license key file you can click on key (in the hqplayer web GUI) to upload it.

agillis

Small Green Computer

1 hour ago, Miska said:

So now that license is locked to that HW ? (The SonicTransporter)

Cant be moved ?

If yes, first question, Can the SSD be exchanged ?

31 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So now that license is locked to that HW ? (The SonicTransporter)

Cant be moved ?

If yes, first question, Can the SSD be exchanged ?

Yes, hardware locked and presently there is not way to move it. Those kinds of issues would need to be worked out. 

13 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

@Miska I have a Mytek Liberty Dac and have stuttering converting to DSD. The server is a STi7. Can you recommend playback settings? I just got this Dac and am still figuring it out. Thank you 

Not Miska, but here are some tips:

In Roon Settings / Library set both Audio Analysis Speed options to Throttled 

19 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

@Miska I have a Mytek Liberty Dac and have stuttering converting to DSD. The server is a STi7. Can you recommend playback settings? I just got this Dac and am still figuring it out. Thank you 

If you still struggle after trying JR's suggestion, can you also share a screenshot (if possible) of your HQP settings? Like I shared earlier in this thread.

So we can get an idea of what HQP settings makes the STi7 struggle?

Cheers.

Just installed HQ Player Embedded on my Sonic Transporter.

When I try to play via Roon/HQ, I get the following message: “Transport: Couldn’t connect to HQ Player” and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks