IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

6 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

There are other resellers ?

You will have to do the calculations yourself, but prices is on the dealers website. 

Somebody asked about the cost. I have 2 x HQPe licenses so I'm ok but I was trying to help them.

But for those others that are asking, can you share your information to help them? A link?

Just saying the price is wrong (which it isn't, that's the price from the official site) really helps nobody ?

We're all trying to help each other with accurate information here.

27 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Somebody asked about the cost. I have 2 x HQPe licenses so I'm ok but I was trying to help them.

But for those others that are asking, can you share your information to help them? A link?

Just saying the price is wrong (which it isn't, that's the price from the official site) really helps nobody ?

We're all trying to help each other with accurate information here.

It worked out as 234.64 GBP for me. A bit of a pain given that I’d previously paid for a desktop licence a couple of years ago that I no longer need, but it’s great to have both Roon and HQP on one machine.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, alcarp said:

How does one update HQPe on the ST? I see no update button.

Ditto for ROON.

Go to Sonicorbiter.com and click on the manage  button for sonic transport.  The go to the apps tab and on to software manager. There is a green update button. It looks (to me at least) like it is for sonicorbiter only but it will also update HQPe. Hit that and it updates immediately. All you have to do then is reboot. I have always updated Roon through the Roon GUI.

16 minutes ago, mtcs said:

Go to Sonicorbiter.com and click on the manage  button for sonic transport.  The go to the apps tab and on to software manager. There is a green update button. It looks (to me at least) like it is for sonicorbiter only but it will also update HQPe. Hit that and it updates immediately. All you have to do then is reboot. I have always updated Roon through the Roon GUI.

You can then go into ‘HQ Player Configuration’ and select the ‘About’ link to see what version of HQPe you are at, and thereby confirm the update was successful.

Like mtcs states, you should get a prompt in the GUI to update Roon whenever a new version is available. 

On 9/27/2018 at 1:57 AM, BlueDL said:

You can then go into ‘HQ Player Configuration’ and select the ‘About’ link to see what version of HQPe you are at, and thereby confirm the update was successful.

Like mtcs states, you should get a prompt in the GUI to update Roon whenever a new version is available. 

Thanks guys. HQConfig confirms I'm on version 4.4.0.

ROON in about ROON shows This Tablet as Version 1.5 (build 323) whilst Core: ST shows build 354. Is this correct?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone experienced some problem with ST i7 and Ultrarendu with HQPlayer latest release ? I didn’t use it for a while and today upgraded HQP embedded to 4.9 on the ST i7 and HQP NAA to the 3.5.6 on the Urendu. The result is that it doesn’t work. I can play with the Roon Server and with DLNA output but not with HQPlayer. Everything seems fine in the setup that I always used, but HQP using Roon as remote doesn,t play. In Roon appears that the signal path from HQP is ok but music doesn’t start ant the dac doesn’t receive signal.

I have tried HQPlayer desktop from my Mac to Urendu and same behaviour, so I suppose that the problem is in the HQPlayer NAA.

do you have any suggestion?

Sounds like I’d better stay at 4.7.1 then. Haven’t updated HQPe for a while either.

Let me know if you resolve it.

I have found it needs a complete depower / repower (inc. network) with DAC or DDC powered first is always needed when I’ve updated HQPe. It’s never been a straightforward exercise.

I have an STi7  and an ultraRendu. The ST has Roon and HQP embedded 4.9. All was working well until I updated The UR to 3.5.6 a few hours ago. Now I get a message that says it can't play because it can't connect to HQP. I've tried rebooting, restarting apps and powering down in all permutations but no success. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2 hours ago, mtcs said:

I have an STi7  and an ultraRendu. The ST has Roon and HQP embedded 4.9. All was working well until I updated The UR to 3.5.6 a few hours ago. Now I get a message that says it can't play because it can't connect to HQP. I've tried rebooting, restarting apps and powering down in all permutations but no success. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It sounds like a server side issue. Anyway, I would start by updating the sT, rebooting it, then select the Rendu again in HQP configuration. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

It sounds like a server side issue. Anyway, I would start by updating the sT, rebooting it, then select the Rendu again in HQP configuration. 

Unfortunately, that doesn't do it. I'll get the hqp log to Miska and see if he has an idea. Thanks, again.