IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

2 minutes ago, Lotus67 said:

here

roon.thumb.png.47da27f940dd4e85ba0ff6e8686f8f3d.png

Thanks!

Amazing that you can get it to work with the sonicT i7. We have an i7 also but get stuttering but I expected that with the xtr non-2s filter, so there's no disappointment at my end.

Are you sure you don't accidentally have an i7-8700K under the hood. That would be a great accident hehe

9 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Thank you!  Amazing that you can get it to work with thes sonicT i7. We have an i7 also but get stuttering but I expected that with the xtr non-2s filter, so there's no disappointment at my end.

Are you sure you don't accidentally have an i7-8700K under the hood ?

That would be a great accident hehe

Oh yes i7 Ferrari modded :-)))))

I don't know but you can ask to Andrew..... he sold me as i7 7700 Kaby Lake

No problem with xtr filter. I use short with classical music because in my system gives better soundstage. Well, I prefer short with DG recordings and xtr with Decca or Philips ones and this is probably due to the different recording technics.

Now I am going but later I will post you a screenshot using xtr filter

6 minutes ago, Lotus67 said:

Oh yes i7 Ferrari modded :-)))))

I don't know but you can ask to Andrew..... he sold me as i7 7700 Kaby Lake

No problem with xtr filter. I use short with classical music because in my system gives better soundstage. Now I am going but later I will post you a screenshot using xtr filter

Hehe no problem and thanks again.

Do you hear a significant difference between xtr 2s and non-2s?

I can do the other filters in non-2s and hear no obvious difference with the 2s version - both sound fantastic for all filters I've tried. But maybe it's just my system and my bad hearing hehe

1 minute ago, Em2016 said:

Hehe no problem and thanks again.

Do you hear a significant difference between xtr 2s and non-2s?

I can do the other filters in non-2s and hear no significant difference with the 2s version - both sound fantastic for all filters I've tried.

Great difference with 2s filters. Sound is more transparent and vivid, stage deeper but, overall, instruments appear more real as if they were playing live. I am really interested in understand the relation between this filters and recording technic...but we will talk later

20 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

I’m seriously thinking of buying one of these but am getting different reports on the i7 ability to play  non 2s filters from here and the Roon forum. Can the i7 play  poly-sinc and  poly-sinc-xtr?

.sjb

Sample size of 3 (that I know of): 1 can get it working, 2 can't.

Tough decision.

If I were recommending to a good friend, I'd say email Andrew at SGC and get a custom sonicT i7-8700K made... still a risk without testing beforehand but a smaller risk (maybe?).

On 6/3/2018 at 3:57 PM, Em2016 said:

Sample size of 3 (that I know of): 1 can get it working, 2 can't.

Tough decision.

If I were recommending to a good friend, I'd say email Andrew at SGC and get a custom sonicT i7-8700K made... still a risk without testing beforehand but a smaller risk (maybe?).

/& others have found this cpu to nail it? Jussi?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:46 AM, Em2016 said:

@Sloop John B has xtr non-2s filters at DSD512 working on an i7-8700 (HQP Windows), so a sonicTransporter i7-8700 (HQP Embedded Linux) should work.

Alas as this is not quite true. Short story. 

poly-sinc filters including -xtr worked but closed form gave stuttering. 

To correct this I updated the nvidia driver to get more CUDA action. This solved the stuttering with closed form but now poly- sinc- xtr filters stutter. 

.sjb

On 5/31/2018 at 4:31 AM, Miska said:

Now I'm playing through following setup with HQPlayer upsampling to 768/32 and microRendu running the latest NAA updates. So far 30 minutes without white noise... This just emphasizes my earlier findings that the Chord device is really really sensitive to the USB source (and cable). That short USB cable is the one that comes with Mojo.

IMG_20180531_112459-s.thumb.jpg.02a753395575384a6c11886761e23c2f.jpg

Jussi, I finally had time to test it. I can tell you that the system is much more stable and I can finally enjoy my music. Cheers.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Please post your settings so we have a baseline. This is with a Chord DAC?

Yes Jesus... Qutest.

Will do it this weekend. Does anyone know how to grab a screen photo from an iPad? Sorry for my ignorance...☺

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Power- and home-buttons simultaneously takes a screenshot on iPhone/iPad.

Tks

On 6/8/2018 at 8:44 AM, vortecjr said:

Please post your settings so we have a baseline. This is with a Chord DAC?

Voilá! 

IMG_0382.PNG

3 minutes ago, soares said:

Voilá! 

IMG_0382.PNG

The second one being the settings for PCM. These do not reflect my preferences. It was just as an example. 

IMG_0381.PNG

On 6/8/2018 at 9:10 AM, soares said:

Jussi, I finally had time to test it. I can tell you that the system is much more stable and I can finally enjoy my music. Cheers.

So the solution was just to use the short USB cable that comes with the DAC, as Jussi suggested? Or something else fixed it?

25 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

So the solution was just to use the short USB cable that comes with the DAC, as Jussi suggested? Or something else fixed it?

No, as I am still using my Audioquest diamond. Could it be it related to the NAA upgrade?! The fact is that the randomly white noise is not showing so frequently as before. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to share that on my FB page there was a mention to a new HQP update. Cheers.

O did the update on my ST5 but it's the same version and not the new one (4.2.0). Any clues? Tks. 

Ok! Thanks Jussi.

For those of us that already own a ST i7 (Windows version) is there any way in which it can be converted to running Sonicorbiter OS instead?   Would love to have the option to leave Windows behind..  I would happily pay for the software (including HQ Player embedded).