IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

Some field notes from testing today.

1. I have been using Roon and Tidal with HQPlayer 4 Embedded resampling things. The output is via a microRendu set to NAA output mode. The microRendu is connected to an inexpensive DAC (~$200 USD) and playing analog into my integrated amp. This combination is very satisfying. I even had some quests over who were blown away by this simple system.  

2. When released you will be able to update you unit via Apps / Software manager. However, Sonicorbiter 2.6 for the sonicTransporter series will require a significant update process. This process can take a while and can't be interrupted so fair warning. Another option is to contact Small Green Computer for a replacement SSD or HDD. No clue if they will offer this and how much the replacement drive might cost.

3. HQPlayer and HQPlayer 4 Embedded can be a bit hard to configure. This is a link to the user manual that describes its various settings.

https://www.signalyst.com/quickstart.html

4. Here is a simple cheat sheet to help you though the various configurations:

# Output Mode Direct SDM Format Played Result
1 Auto Checked PCM
DSD
- resamples per PCM Settings
- direct DSD with no resampling
2 PCM Checked PCM
DSD
3 SDM Checked PCM
DSD
- resamples per DSD Settings
- direct DSD with no resampling
4 Auto Unchecked PCM
DSD
5 PCM Unchecked PCM
DSD
6 SDM Unchecked PCM
DSD

* Set Sample rate and Bit rate both to Auto

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I just checked them again and the results were the same as my initial test. #4 does not play and #6 resamples per DSD Settings. 

OK, strange, I just tested and it is working for me as expected. Can you send me log file and settings file over email?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 26/03/2018 at 9:42 AM, vortecjr said:

I have been using Roon and Tidal with HQPlayer 4 Embedded resampling things. The output is via a microRendu set to NAA output mode. The microRendu is connected to an inexpensive DAC (~$200 USD) and playing analog into my integrated amp.

Hi JR,

In this field test, the same sonicTransporter was BOTH Roon Core AND HQPlayer up-sampler at the same time? Both on the same sonicTransporter?

So when you mention Roon, just for clarity, do you mean Roon Core?

Cheers

27 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi JR,

In this field test, the same sonicTransporter was BOTH Roon Core AND HQPlayer up-sampler at the same time? Both on the same sonicTransporter?

So when you mention Roon, just for clarity, do you mean Roon Core?

Cheers

Im not certain about the terminology, but yes both running on the same unit headless.

14 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Maybe this week...fingers crossed.

Nice.

Have you been able to use these attached settings on the sonicT i7 running Roon? Or does it struggle?

It doesn't have to be to this same DAC but any DSD512 DAC you have, like the iFi iDSD.

Screenshot_2018-04-06_00-22-36.png.7f129aea7228982cb3efed0a2ec93458.thumb.png.d7ddbff170a441b418d9c64428bbde30.png

18 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Nice.

Have you been able to use these attached settings on the sonicT i7 running Roon? Or does it struggle?

It doesn't have to be to this same DAC but any DSD512 DAC you have, like the iFi iDSD.

Screenshot_2018-04-06_00-22-36.png.7f129aea7228982cb3efed0a2ec93458.thumb.png.d7ddbff170a441b418d9c64428bbde30.png

Waiting ... to see an answer on this ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Will HQPlayer work 30 minutes before purchase a license ?

Can we hope for a introducing offer for HQPlayer embedded, as it’s quite expensive ?

Can you explain a bit better why Roon extensions can’t be added ? I was under the impression that this would be a very easy thing to add. 

What security risk ? For you or for the user ?

On 4/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, Em2016 said:

Nice.

I don’t know because I only have the i5 here.

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Will HQPlayer work 30 minuets before purchase a license ?

Can we hope for a introducing offer for HQPlayer embedded, as it’s quite expensive ?

Can you explain a bit better why Roon extensions can’t be added ? I was under the impression that this would be a very easy thing to add. 

That is a question for Andrew and Jussi...I’m not the developer of these servers.

Use your imagination and anything you can come up with can be done with a plug-in including evil things.

8 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Can you ask @agillis to try these settings on the sonicT i7 and report back?

Yes, important information, this, for prospective customers.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:33 AM, R1200CL said:

Will HQPlayer work 30 minuets before purchase a license ?

HQplayer embedded runs for 30 minutes without a license!

Roon extensions are not that easy to add. But we are working on it.

DSD512 upsampling works fine on the sonicTransporter i7

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

6 hours ago, agillis said:

DSD512 upsampling works fine on the sonicTransporter i7

Hi Andrew. To be clearer, can you confirm the attached HQPlayer settings work with the sonicT i7, running Roon on the same machine?

Doesn’t have to be with this DAC shown below - any DSD512 DAC you have is fine.

What CPU usage do you get with these particular settings?

Appreciated.

729DCA7C-818F-4A64-BA8D-7CD1D2515F36.png.5a881f2f3983e51350e11440762dc4db.png