IGNORED

ISO2DSD Problems, Bugs, Failures, corrupted dsf

Hello,

Problem 1: When I use ISODSD on windows 8.1 I am often getting distorted outputs. In fact, I am running this on a clean, fresh install, fresh boot, running just ISO2DSD, and not always but more than once, it outputs tracks that skip, distort, or otherwise are corrupted outputs. Running the program again typically results in a correct encode. Sucks when you are dealing with alot of material.

Problem 2: I have only encountered this once but ISO2DSD would freeze and stop encoding on track number 3 and couldnt finish the album or songs. It just stops functioning at this point, even a new ISO produced identical results.

Problem 3: ISO2DSD produces files that are approximately 10kb larger each file than the same file created through sacd_extract. What is this extra data?

Is this program being developed still? Is this instability and corrupted dsf the permanent state of this program?

As I stated in response to your other post, Sonore ISO2DSD is merely a convenient GUI for sacd_extract and that, functionally, they are the same. There should never be any difference in the results between using ISO2DSD and using sacd_extract with a command-line script as long as the same version of sacd_extract is employed. 

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

7 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

As I stated in response to your other post, Sonore ISO2DSD is merely a convenient GUI for sacd_extract and that, functionally, they are the same. There should never be any difference in the results between using ISO2DSD and using sacd_extract with a command-line script as long as the same version of sacd_extract is employed. 

Hi Kal,

I understand your arguement but I cannot understand why I would be unable to complete a DSF from ISO with sonore but it processes fine with sacd_extract. I can make a demonstration video and upload it as proof if you dont believe me.

Furthermore, all sonore outputs are about 8kb larger files than from sacd_extract. Last, sonore outputs corrupted files about 1% of my attempts. Truely bad software. Same results on different machines. Rather than your claim which is unsubstantiated, I would like a response from sonore on how I can debug and troubleshoot the problems with their software.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, threehugga said:

I understand your arguement but I cannot understand why I would be unable to complete a DSF from ISO with sonore but it processes fine with sacd_extract. I can make a demonstration video and upload it as proof if you dont believe me.

I believe you are experiencing what you describe.  Are you using the identical version of sacd_extract in both cases?  

I didn't make an unsubstantiated claim.  Sonore acknowledges that their ISO2DSD is just a GUI and entirely dependent on sacd_extract for any processing.  The "truely bad software" has never failed me over a span of more than hundreds rips using 4-5 different machines.  Once on a Mac.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

sonore cannot read certain asian characters, and sonore outputs have many differences in the code than the files output from sacd_extract command line (file sizes are 8-10kb different on every track), CHECK THIS YOURSELF.

Version 7 on WINDOWS

Identical sacd_extract version 0.3.8

2 hours ago, threehugga said:

How about you check the Sonore - Support page which explicitly lists THIS forum for support.

No doubt no help from you; useless dumb@#$%

DO NOT USE SONORE ISO2DSD, it will give you JUNK OUT
When everyone tells you to use it and nobody has anything bad to say.. its too good to be true!

Here's your one warning. Another personal attack and you're banned.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, threehugga said:

sonore cannot read certain asian characters, and sonore outputs have many differences in the code than the files output from sacd_extract command line (file sizes are 8-10kb different on every track), CHECK THIS YOURSELF.

Version 7 on WINDOWS

Identical sacd_extract version 0.3.8

It's freeware, and all development and support has ended long ago. Use it if you like.

As Kal has pointed out to you more than once, it works just fine for many of us over literally hundreds of rips.

I've never once had the Sonore GUI (yes thats what it is) fail on any rip ever, using both a Pioneer BDP-80fd, and a Cambridge CXU. Others have the same experience going back literally years using the PS3 platform.

Sorry the Asian characters on some of your discs are giving you a problem.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

42 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Sonore GUI (yes thats what it is) fail on any rip ever

Lucky you, I cant say Ive had the same experience. In fact, I can guarantee sonore does fail on rips.

Furthermore, the data sonore ISO2DSD creates from ISO is not identical to the data that sacd_extract creates. You cannot say sonore ISO2DSD is just a GUI because it modifies the code. You have absolutely no idea what change it is because sonore has closed development. It could be a trojan for all you know.