IGNORED

Dietpi and 96/24 audio drop outs

Ive been  running Audirvana through a Raspberry pi for a couple of months with no problems. (Setup follows) Last week I started getting major problems with 96/24 files from a remote HD. Drop-outs, my Bimby keeps clicking every time a 90/24 track comes on etc. The set up works fine with redbook files, and I have no problems with playing HD audio with USB out from a Mac into the Bimby

I  installed a new up dated image of dietpi, and it did not help.

At wits end. The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with using my airport express to catch the wireless signal and transmit to the diet pi by ethernet. (I am having trouble getting my network to recognize the wireless on my diet pi directly.)

Any thoughts--should I try software other than GMrender?

remotevHD-mac running Audirvana 3.2--wireless-Airport express 2---raspberry pi 3 with hifiberry digital pro running diet pi and gmrender-spdif-bimby-vahalla 2

Do raspberry pis have a reputation for problems with audio about rebook?

oops i hit the send too quickly, last question should be 

do raspberry pis have a reputation for problems with audio above rebook ie 96.24 and higher.

oops i hit send too quickly.

I meant to ask whether raspberry pis had a reputation for problems with audio above redbook--i.e. 96/24 and higher resolution

The plot thickens. The rp worked with a direct Ethernet connection and the microrendu worked downstairs connected to my airport express. One thing I noticed  is that the rp caused my bimby  and Gumby to click every time i changed tracks even if the format was not changing.

is that expected?