IGNORED

A+ not seen with Microrendu connected

Nope, Sonore says I have an IP conflict. My Mac Book may need to use a Thunderbolt to Ethernet connection. Sonore even went as far as did a computer share and roamed around the 

www.sonicorbiter.com site you need to go to and set up, but failed to be able to see my external HD which has all mu music on and A+ couldn't see DAC. I've been working on this issue for two dazzz now and I'm not network savy. I was using wi-fy to see the MicroRendu but will get a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and hard wire it and see if that solves the problem. When I first bought the MR I  knew it would be a little work but not this much. I have a 2013 Mac Book Pro and a Stellar Gain Cell DAC.

7 hours ago, Jamesroy said:
7 hours ago, Browniesbane said:

Are you seeing microrendu on A+audio system choices?

Nope, Sonore says I have an IP conflict.

Are you certain Sonore said that? IP conflicts are normally quite straight forward to sort out. My suspicion is that it's actually an issue with the network's management of IGMP multicast, used by the A+ and the microRendu to discover each other as UPnP supporting devices.

One very common cause of this is a wireless router misbehaving by preventing IGMP multicast packets from being forwarded between the wired and wireless portions of the network. This explains why the suggestion of making your UPnP devices either all wired or all wireless, should then allow them to discover each other.

This problem can be solved in some routers by configuration setting change: disabling IGMP snooping and/or enabling multicast forwarding.

If this isn't possible then keeping the misbehaving router will require you to go through the hassle of making your UPnP devices either all wired or all wireless. In which case it might be more practical/cost effective to change the router for one that does work properly with IGMP multicast discovery.

What router are you using?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

4 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Are you certain Sonore said that? IP conflicts are normally quite straight forward to sort out. My suspicion is that it's actually an issue with the network's management of IGMP multicast, used by the A+ and the microRendu to discover each other as UPnP supporting devices.

One very common cause of this is a wireless router misbehaving by preventing IGMP multicast packets from being forwarded between the wired and wireless portions of the network. This explains why the suggestion of making your UPnP devices either all wired or all wireless, should then allow them to discover each other.

This problem can be solved in some routers by configuration setting change: disabling IGMP snooping and/or enabling multicast forwarding.

If this isn't possible then keeping the misbehaving router will require you to go through the hassle of making your UPnP devices either all wired or all wireless. In which case it might be more practical/cost effective to change the router for one that does work properly with IGMP multicast discovery.

I have Xfinity Netgear 802.11n

On 3/20/2018 at 9:57 PM, Browniesbane said:

Set the airport express on join a wireless network. Connect the airport express by Ethernet cord to your microrendu. Locate the microrendu using the Sonore website and set it for DLNA. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jamesroy said:

Thanks I may give it a try. Another 100 buck ouch.

So SONORE fix my problem but now I only have access to half the page Audio Systems. I can't get to the bottom part. Is that norma

Audio Systems pg.png

On 3/21/2018 at 3:47 AM, Cebolla said:

So SONORE fix my problem but now I only have access to half the page Audio Systems. I can't get to the bottom part. Is that norma

Audio Systems pg.png