IGNORED

How to optimally implement Dirac in my setup

I wonder if you knowledgeable people can offer advice on how to best implement Dirac Live in my system. To my ears my system sounds fantastic but room correction is likely to improve it further.

The system performance when running the music via the PC usb port to the DAC is inferior compared to when I use the sms200 ultra/sps500 combo as a front-end. So running Dirac live on my PC might improve sound quality in some respects but will also be a step backwards. And as far as I am aware it isn't possible to incorporate Dirac Live when using the sms200 ultra/sps500 as a front-end. So what options do I have? Should I look into adding a bit of hardware that runs Dirac to my system? I am not familiar with the options so hard to know where to start.

Apologies for the newbe question. If you have any set-up suggestions that I haven't considered than please share.  

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

Thanks alandbush. I had a look and the miniDSP Dirac Live Series maximum resolution is 24-bit, 96kHz. I have quite a lot of 24-bit, 192kHz and DSD music files which  the DDRC would have to down-sample to process. Is that right?

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

On 3/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, debt_collector said:

Thanks alandbush. I had a look and the miniDSP Dirac Live Series maximum resolution is 24-bit, 96kHz. I have quite a lot of 24-bit, 192kHz and DSD music files which  the DDRC would have to down-sample to process. Is that right?

that's correct.  also, when using dirac live on your pc you're "limited" to 192k.

i'm not familiar with the technical details, but you can't do dsp (including digital volume control) on dsd -- only on pcm files.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100