IGNORED

JCAT Signature LAN Cable

2 hours ago, Priaptor said:

Great system.  Yes Marcin is a great guy and very helpful but unfortunately he was denigrated by many on another thread on this forum regarding his new network switch.  One of the reasons I peek in to this site more than participate anymore.  I have always found his products to be excellent.

Too bad.  I don't have any of the facts related to this incident or product.

I was thinking of that hord of computer geniuses and material scientists from Amazon who'll flay you if you assert anything about an Ethernet cable costing more than one digit.

36 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

Actually the switch + 2 cables cost 442,800 yen which is more like 3373EUR. So yes, it's 20% cheaper in Japan as all Japanese audio products are (check Accuphase for example).

Now add import costs (shipping, customs, VAT). 

But hey, if it's a better deal, go ahead and buy it in Japan :) 

Best regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Darryl R changed the title to JCAT Signature LAN Cable
On 3/12/2018 at 8:07 AM, seeteeyou said:

Belden’s REVConnect is the current state of the art in Ethernet cable connections. It’s really a brilliant system — of course if >=10G 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

On 11/03/2018 at 7:41 PM, Priaptor said:

Yes Marcin is a great guy and very helpful but unfortunately he was denigrated by many on another thread on this forum regarding his new network switch. 

Sorry but come on. I like Marcin and think he's a great resource and contributor to this site. Some people are alas too combative, too often at times. But you can't launch a product and then decline to discuss it. Ignore the people that are being rude by all means. But a blanket "I'm out of here" that includes people asking genuine questions about your product. That's not right. Especially when your product costs nearly ten times that of the nearest competitors. 

When I splashed 800 euro on the Aqvox SE people told me I was crazy. But it's really improved my streaming. 

@Marcin_gps if you want me or others like me to consider being "more crazy" then you need to engage. That's just the way it is. You're a very knowledgeable guy and I truly hope you continue to contribute here. And for every argumentative person there's a few willing to listen. But at that price for a switch you need to make your case and do your best to ignore the haters.

Just my two cents. 

@Darryl R - nice review. I'm considering the SOtM dCBL-CAT7 but sounds like this one is worthy of consideration too.

Cheers, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Hi Alan,

The SOtM was on my shortlist, but I was wary of yet another filter just after the filtering on the JCAT NET card.  Some say they get a blacker background with that cable.  I wonder if there is an additional cost for that.  Also, SOtM has a hefty restocking fee for returns.  They use the same connectors, so compare what's in between -- my two cents ;)

Hi Darryl, 

Yeah that's a fair point. I'm already using a good switch and a Baaske LAN filter (upstream of the switch) so there's perhaps a concern around too much filtering. 

One more rabbit hole to fret over! 

Glad your purchase worked out. Defo one for me to consider at some point. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

2 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Sorry but come on. I like Marcin and think he's a great resource and contributor to this site. Some people are alas too combative, too often at times. But you can't launch a product and then decline to discuss it. Ignore the people that are being rude by all means. But a blanket "I'm out of here" that includes people asking genuine questions about your product. That's not right. Especially when your product costs nearly ten times that of the nearest competitors. 

When I splashed 800 euro on the Aqvox SE people told me I was crazy. But it's really improved my streaming. 

@Marcin_gps if you want me or others like me to consider being "more crazy" then you need to engage. That's just the way it is. You're a very knowledgeable guy and I truly hope you continue to contribute here. And for every argumentative person there's a few willing to listen. But at that price for a switch you need to make your case and do your best to ignore the haters.

Just my two cents. 

@Darryl R - nice review. I'm considering the SOtM dCBL-CAT7 but sounds like this one is worthy of consideration too.

Cheers, 

Alan 

I'll provide some more input, but details about the internal design are confidential. That said, there will be reviews also in the US soon, so you might want to check them. 

Best regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

16 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

I'll provide some more input, but details about the internal design are confidential. That said, there will be reviews also in the US soon, so you might want to check them. 

Best regards,

Marcin

Fair enough Marcin. No one expects the blueprint for the secret sauce. But here's my analogy. I don't want to buy a 5k switch. But then I didn't want to buy a 800 euro switch. Yet I did last year. 

I didn't contribute to the other thread about the switch. But I read it because I was genuinely intrigued. Be good to know more. 

And thanks for taking my constructive criticism, well, constructively :P

Cheers, 

Alan 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:44 PM, Marcin_gps said:

Actually the switch + 2 cables cost 442,800 yen which is more like 3373EUR. So yes, it's 20% cheaper in Japan as all Japanese audio products are (check Accuphase for example).

Now add import costs (shipping, customs, VAT). 

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

How would you like to explain that even adding both cables at various lengths still ended up with 345,600 yen?

image.thumb.png.f4c5775100ed77e59fc8147c5caafaaa.png

On 15/03/2018 at 3:15 AM, Darryl R said:

Obnoxious.  No longer following my own thread.

That's a truly sad statement but understandable. 

@Darryl R I hope you return to your thread.

@ everyone else - I politely suggest any further posts are on the topic of the JCAT LAN cable or comparable ethernet cables. 

Personally I'd already mentioned the SOtM dCBL-CAT7 cable which was intriguing me. But I see mention on another thread of an SOtM network switch in the works which further piques my audiofool radar. 

Here's hoping someone with good ears does a comparison of these cables. 

Cheers, 

Alan