IGNORED

I dont know how to write a fancy review...

But I did stumble into some great bluesy folksy music the other day, completely by accident.

The album is The Ice Queen by Susan Foley.

Why did I listen to this?  I had never heard of her before...  Well, for that we need to go back to the Freshman dorms at the U of Michigan and my first year there.  You see, there was this girl, her name is irrelevant but the name some of us guys gave her was "The Ice Queen". Her and I had a tumultuous affair for 2 years, mostly because she was deliberately playing with my feelings.  Anyway, now you know why the title caught my eye.  On a whim I clicked play on this album in the New Masters section of TIDAL in A+ and suddenly out of my speakers comes magical guitar and her awesome voice perfectly husky and edgy and feminine and made for this kind of music...  I don't know exactly which album this is in her entire Discography, but it is the best one I have heard yet.

If you're into this, give her a listen.  If you've known about her for years, why did you not tell me?

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

But I did stumble into some great bluesy folksy music the other day, completely by accident.

The album is The Ice Queen by Susan Foley.

Why did I listen to this?  I had never heard of her before...  Well, for that we need to go back to the Freshman dorms at the U of Michigan and my first year there.  You see, there was this girl, her name is irrelevant but the name some of us guys gave her was "The Ice Queen". Her and I had a tumultuous affair for 2 years, mostly because she was deliberately playing with my feelings.  Anyway, now you know why the title caught my eye.  On a whim I clicked play on this album in the New Masters section of TIDAL in A+ and suddenly out of my speakers comes magical guitar and her awesome voice perfectly husky and edgy and feminine and made for this kind of music...  I don't know exactly which album this is in her entire Discography, but it is the best one I have heard yet.

If you're into this, give her a listen.  If you've known about her for years, why did you not tell me?

I gave it a listen on Qobuz.  Nothing about it made me go wow.  Your emotional reminiscing about “The Ice Queen” must be swaying you a bit. :)

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas