IGNORED

Linear Power Supply for my Netgear EX7000

• 2 months later...

Hi, I don’t have precise budget in mind. My ex7000 links to an allo Usbridge then to a pre Box S2. I’ve looked at iFi iPower but seems like won’t match with the EX7000 nominal power needs. Music is on a LaCie hdd connected via usb to the wi-fi extender.

I have the same issue fettling an AQVox Switch SE with an LPS. In my case I chose a Dr Sean Jacobs designed DC2 (Custom Hi-fi Cables). If I’d required more than a single power rail I could have gone for a DC3, which is a better supply and good value vs 2 x DC2s 

You say you need 2.5A but that sounds like a lot for a switch. Did you get that value off the included wall-wart?  They are often cheap Chinese SMPSs that manufacturer’s pick up in bulk and the rating may be considerably higher than the switch unit actually requires. Also, SMPS amp ratings are often peak ratings, whereas LPS power ratings are typically constant value ratings....their unsustained peak values will be considerably higher. If you did get the amp rating off the wall-wart then I suggest you do a little research on this to find what’s actually needed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use WiFi because it sounds better compared to an Ethernet cable direct from the Virgin modem/router. I’ve tried several combinations and the best is a TPLink RE650 dedicated solely to the hi-fi with no Wi-Fi transmission and 5MHz link to the router. At some stage i’ll either try a new Linear Solution router or a LPS for the SuperHub3 to see if there’re further improvements to have. The combinations I tried included a Synergistic Research Active SE Cat 6 Ethernet cable which was far superior to a regular Cat 5 cable but still not as good as using WiFi via the TPLink extender.