IGNORED

Keith Jarrett Trio - After The Fall 24/44 - A Review

A note of caution, before you buy the 24/44 album at a significant premium vs. redbook, please note you're actually purchasing a 1998 DAT "home-recording" with rather poor SQ to start with.

https://musicophilesblog.com/2018/03/03/keith-jarrett-gary-peacock-jack-de-johnette-after-the-fall-a-review/

That said, the music is beautiful.

v3u0qi8dkhqnb_600.jpg

Not great sound. But certainly okay. 

A good album to stream or buy in Redbook instead of buying in hi-res. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 3/3/2018 at 4:23 AM, Musicophile said:

A note of caution, before you buy the 24/44 album at a significant premium vs. redbook, please note you're actually purchasing a 1998 DAT "home-recording" with rather poor SQ to start with.

https://musicophilesblog.com/2018/03/03/keith-jarrett-gary-peacock-jack-de-johnette-after-the-fall-a-review/

That said, the music is beautiful.

v3u0qi8dkhqnb_600.jpg

That said, would I be better off buying the CD and then ripping it, or is it available as a download on ECM's website?

6 hours ago, audiophile65 said:

That said, would I be better off buying the CD and then ripping it, or is it available as a download on ECM's website?

I'm not aware of ECM selling downloads directly. My advice would be to compare all redbook sources, be it CD or download, in your geography and get whatever is cheapest. Paying a significant premium for 24/44 vs. 16/44 may not be the best investment in this particular case. 

However, at this stage indeed HDtracks.com may be the cheapest option anyhow.