IGNORED

Need Audio CD Ripping Software Recommendations

Lord_Elrond

1 hour ago, n2it said:

So audiventory it is saying: 

When we discuss probabilities, it is very important carefully take names and links between events, because there are many events with same names, but with very different meanings and different links.

1 hour ago, n2it said:

however, db error is the measurement all of the errors that could happen to the CD 

I today tried, to build the database math model, while I'm not ready to do it. It's too complex yet. Maybe I'll get insight how to make simple(r) formula.

I just took the database and a ripper as "black boxes" with number of features (probabilities).

1 hour ago, n2it said:

probability detection with database = (probability of c2 error detection)*(probability of db error detection)

I said in this topic about "probailitity of correct error detection".

"Probability of C2 error detection" is included to "probability of error detection" and to "probailitity of correct error detection" respectvely.

I'd suggest to present the formula as:

probability of correct error detection with database = (probability of correct error detection of cd ripper)*(probability of correct error detection of db)

I.e. we consider, that error is detected correctly, when both sources (cd ripper and database) have detected error correctly.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

1 hour ago, n2it said:

correction as well as AccurateRip

As far as I know, the database can't correct damaged audio data, but detect probable error only.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

1 hour ago, mansr said:

For a bit of "fun," create an audio CD containing  a 1 kHz square wave. This will have 44 samples in most periods but 45 in some to maintain the average. Now try ripping this with a "secure" ripper and watch it struggle as it tries to figure out how to line up overlapping reads. 

I can't understand, how the ripper work is bound with audio data content? It try interpolate? What is ripper?

1 minute ago, audiventory said:

I can't understand, how the ripper work is bound with audio data content? What is ripper?

Some rippers do multiple overlapping reads to detect if the drive has dropped some samples. I don't know why a drive would do that, but presumably it has happened, or the feature wouldn't have been added.

10 hours ago, mansr said:

Some rippers do multiple overlapping reads to detect if the drive has dropped some samples.

Yes. It is part of many safe ripping technologies, that I call multiple re-reading.

10 hours ago, mansr said:

I don't know why a drive would do that, but presumably it has happened, or the feature wouldn't have been added.

Do you meant:

- when sine inside audio stuff, it cause re-readings?

- And without errors or sine disc read once, without re-readings?

My ripper makes re-reading always, indepently:

- there are errors are found or not;

- what inside audio stuff there are.

Also C2 flags are read multiple times together with raw audio data.

When errors are not there, It is just easiest processing case for analytic algorithm inside the ripper.

But reading count is constant always: there are errors or not, and what inside audio content.

Main issue here is right eliminating of CD-drive's and system's reading buffers, to avoid reading same information in each reading.

If disk ok (most cases) re-reading are same. Most of disks are ripped with same data, independently ripping times.

At damaged (bad read) disks it works. Above I show error locations at timeline of damaged track, that displayed in my software. By the table there you can found exact sample where my ripper detect error (at attempted to fix it). And check what happens with the sample in audio editor.

Reading errors can change its locations at same system even in different seances.

Of course multiple re-reading cause long ripping time. However, more re-reading is more probability of error detection, more probability of succesful data restoring, if error is there.

May be some rippers try analyze the audio content (I' not sure exactly, probably I read about it before), and it cause altering of re-reading amount according its algorithms?