IGNORED

Win2012 in Core Mode with Dante based System?

mourip

Anyone here running Windows 2012R2 with Audiophile Optimizer in Core Mode in their AOIP/Dante setup? My OS has crashed trying to switch to Core Mode and I am looking for solutions...

I have successfully run in Core Mode before on this box but I was using a USB based solution. It has been running really well in minimal server mode but will not boot to Windows now. It will let me boot to a repair mode. I used the command prompt to try to get to the AO directory to run the service tool but ran into an odd issue. I see three drives X:, C:. and D:. It opens in X: which must be a utility drive. D: is my music. C: looks like my OS disk but is not really what I am used to seeing and does not have an /AO directrory. I pulled out the OS disk and connected it to another PC and then I see all of my files so that was good but I do not know of a good way to recover. I also do not really understand why the C: I am seeing is not my normal C: drive...

Nope. I do not have a backup image but will after this! I could try to boot from the original install disk but am not sure how clean it would leave my install. Failing that I guess I could do a wipe and a fresh install or move up to 2016.

Anyone have some magic?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, mourip said:

I got my desktop back by going into Safe Mode but would be interested if anyone has Core Mode working with Dante...

@mouripI recently got WS2016 Core installed and was able to install Dante Virtual Soundcard.   AO was a requirement to get Foobar working.  I now have DVS ASIO running with Foobar 2000 on a new WS2016 Core build.   I am experiencing occasional flakiness of DVS not always loading properly in "Start" mode on a fresh reboot.  Have more troubleshooting to do on this.

Thanks for the update. I might clone another drive and experiment a bit but right now minimal server with JRMC as the shell is working very well and is rock solid.

Not in "rock the boat" mode currently but I always end up there :-)

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System