IGNORED

microRendu

Hi, I would like to purchase your MicroRendu but I’m new at all this so I have a few questions. My music app is A+ Audirvana-Plus and I’m not using ROON yet. I have a Mac Book with a small SSD in it and only 8GB RAM, can’t change that,( I realize every one is against using the Mac Book) too noisy,  and my music files are n a external HD. So can I for now just use your product connecting with a very hight quality USB? I also have a REGEN don’t know if I will need that with the MicroRendu? My Dac is a Srellar Gain Cell DAC from PSAudio. Power amp is an old but still going B&K Reference 200.2 S2  224RMS. I guess I would also need the power supply with your product?
Thanks 

You don't necessarily need a high quality USB connection after the Rendu.  That's up to you.  I used the adapter that came with it (replacing my Audioquest Carbon, heard no difference) then bought the USPCB A>B Adaptor $35.  I feed this into a SPDIF Converter then AES out to my DAC.

For power supply start with the IFI, it works just fine.  If you have the cash then upgrade to Uptone's Ultracap LPS-1.2.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

You don’t need a converter. I had one before I bought the Rendu. My DAC sounds better to me through it’s aes or spdif input. So you can just use the usb output of the rendu into your DAC, either with the supplied adaptor or your choice of usb connector. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

3 hours ago, Jamesroy said:

Thanks, not sure if my Stellar Gain Cell DAC has aes or spdif input?

There are 2 spdif inputs, plus USB, Fiber optic and i2s (HDMI).  Your choice but most likely you'll use the USB input on your DAC from the MicroRendu.

When you get the Rendu plug the ethernet connection in on one end and a USB cable to the other of your DAC.  Assuming your ethernet cable is hooked up to your network (router) then your all set.  Go to the website via the instructions that come with the Rendu and follow the steps for hooking it up.  It's simple.  It's not wireless or bluetooth.  Has to be ethernet on your network.  Your Macbook will control everything and that can be wireless but I would suggest you use ethernet for that to.  I personally only use wireless for phones and tablets.  All computers I use are ethernet connected.

Thanks for the info. My router is in another room. I only used wireless to do the upgrades for A+ but now I'll need to make a decision. I just would assume Bluetooth would introduce all kinds of stuff into the mix. Maybe not. I'm almost tempted to bring my router into the same room as my audio setup and do bluetooth from my working Mac Pro which I use for my graphic design and major downloads. What do you think? Or get an extremely long ethernet cable about 30 ft.

You want the Ethernet cable going into the microRendu to be connected to your network, not the computer.  So, yes a long cable back to the router is the best way to go.  I don’t understand reference to Bluetooth, which is irrelevant to the mRendu.  Once mRendu is hardwired in your network, you can control it from your computer, assuming its on same network, wired or wireless.  My Ethernet cable ru. Is about 100 ft.  I’ve heard youcan runup to 300 without worries.  Blue Jeans cable make good affordable Cat 6 cables.

I also have long runs of ethernet cable throughout the house with no connection problems.

I saw this while researching your Macbook pro. 

• Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (sold separately) ,  I don't know if they still make this, but if your interested you might google it and see what others think.

Yes that's plenty.  I have Comcast too.  I started at 50mb 5 years ago and has increased to 300mb without any pay increase.  I stream Tidal through Roon flawlessly.  Meanwhile others in my house may be using the internet for streaming videos or who knows what and my music is always fine.