IGNORED

Article: The Music In Me: Candy From Sheep (The Strangeloves Story)

This was your best work I've read, Gilbert. 

Don't leave out "Dance till your dead" marathons if you write the article you mentioned.  Maybe @The Computer Audiophile can wrangle his daughter into penning an addendum to help bring your moves up to date.  On second thought, you should handle it on your own with her, or an actual young person. offering corrections at the bottom.  

This hilarious video should help you get started.

@Gilbert Kleinfascinating as always! a quick search on Qobuz under 'the strangeloves' comes up with: 'I want candy: the best of the strangeloves', 'beauty and the beat(30th anniversary deluxe edition)' the go-go's,'accelerate' by jump5, 'cross cuts' by the bishops, 'where in the world is wendy broccoli?' various artists, 'a's b's and rarities' the fun lovin' criminals, 'bang: the bert berns story(original motion picture soundtrack)' interpretes divers-I'll bet there is even more if you go to TIDAL or ROON-listening now what memories! if you go to ROON the text story highlights goldstein feldman and gottehrer and if you click on each of them all the albums they wrote or produced and who they are associated with come up -makes for a GREAT playlist or group of playlists!

richard gottehrer is really unusual he appears on one of my favorite albums by an all girl punkish group from belgium called 'won-ton-ton'(bea vander maat is lead singer) have you or anyone else heard of them or listened to that album?? try it very dark disturbing .

your articles always are great keep them coming...

BTW your beard/goatee belongs in that thread on 'audiophile beards' but i still think matt patricia belongs there also

bobbmd

Thanks to both of you for the comments. I love adding new knowledge to this stuff. I remember one article a LONG time ago that mentioned a guitar flash I met briefly in 1968- and a CA reader knew the guy!  Also, I was watching TV last night and there was the season opener for ASH: Evil Dead. I'd heard about it but never saw it, so I tuned in. Funny, weird, gory, strange and all that, but at one point in the show (I think it was a fight scene) they played Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Want Candy." 

Again, thanks for the comments. 

1 hour ago, Gilbert Klein said:

Thanks to both of you for the comments. I love adding new knowledge to this stuff. I remember one article a LONG time ago that mentioned a guitar flash I met briefly in 1968- and a CA reader knew the guy!  Also, I was watching TV last night and there was the season opener for ASH: Evil Dead. I'd heard about it but never saw it, so I tuned in. Funny, weird, gory, strange and all that, but at one point in the show (I think it was a fight scene) they played Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Want Candy." 

Again, thanks for the comments. 

I watched that episode last night, was going to post it. You beat me to it. Great stuff Gilbert.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

You did it again Gilbert. What a great story full of interesting facts. I did not know the struggle they had because they were a trio, so it could be said that in that area they paved the way for the power trio. I love their treble sound, so typical of that period.

In Mexico, those songs were very popular and still are. "I want candy" has a spanish version called "Quiero dulce" and also "Hang on, Sloopy" by the McCoys, which by the way, the title is "Es Lupe, Lupita mi amor".

Here are two spanish versions of "Hang on, Sloopy", one Mexican (Los Teen Tops) and one Colombian (Los Yetis), which I like more because of the sound and energy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdwS6GQX60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOJOzE3KM4

Saludos

54 minutes ago, Gilbert Klein said:

ShawnC:

Great minds think... eh?

Also,it was my first brush with Ash vs. the Evil Dead. I liked it, but this is the 4th season, I think,  so are you a regular viewer? Should I see more? 

If you like slapstick, silly, gory, over the top use of fake blood and have a half hour to waste then yes.  I've always enjoyed the lead actor Bruce Campbell.  His delivery is my kind of dry humor.  And if you don't mind his character being self centered, arrogant, sexist, and completely racist, then it's a must.  The show is a continuation of the Movie series that was released in 1979 and ran into the 80's.  A cult following of the the movies was the demand for a reboot of the series on the Starz Network.  Stupid fun nonsense:) 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet