IGNORED

Yiggy-Enhancements???

Yiggy owners......I'm thrilled with my recent purchase. This is by leaps and bounds is the best DAC I've ever owned.

My question is....Is anyone using any inline devices (USB Regen/Uptone Audio-example) with success???

In my quest for sonic nirvana I rely on this site for my computer audio info...unfortunately sometimes its hard to follow because of my lack of computer sophistication.

I had used the above mentioned(USB Regen) with my last DAC....But I'm not informed on the latest and greatest devices currently.

Is their anything out their that would take my Yiggy to the next level???

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I did a somewhat detailed review of my attempts to refine my front end in a thread on CA that discussed the Mutec Ref10 Masterclock.

Basically I use the Yggy AES input fed with several other devices. It is not cheap and there are probably other successful ways to improve ones front end but this has brought me great sound after trying a lot of USB fixes.

The thread is here.

The Yggy will bring out the best in any upstream improvements.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I assume you plan on connecting directly to a computer. The USB input is optimized. Recent manufacture units have the Schiit USB tweaks.

If using a server there are lots of options. From several hundred to many thousands.

Since computers is not a strength  you may need a little help with any of these setups. 

A Raspberry Pi endpoint with a Digione I2S to AES converter is a couple hundred dollar option. 

I have found AES inputs to do very well. 

Schiit has their own EITR. I do not know how it compares to the new USB implementation in Yiggies. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

AES is still the preferred input even after the GEN 5 Usb update.  So you might experience a small improvement using a network to AES solution.

As for the server I've never heard a difference in servers when the playback hardware is isolated away from the server via networking.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Personally, I think a Sonore microRendu/ultraRendu (or sms 200) will bring much greater sonic improvements for the money than any usb fixers you may read about here on CA (and the microRendu or ultraRendu incorporate Regen technology).  If your current chain is a Mac Mini connected directly to your Yggy and you love the sound, well, just wait until you insert a microRendu or ultraRendu.  We are not talking subtle improvements here.

IMO, these sonic improvements are of the type that used to cost many many thousands of dollars to obtain.

To be clear, other "usb fixer" devices and chains may further improve things, but I'd start with a microRendu or similar device.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC