IGNORED

DF-RED and my new vechile

Does your vehicle have a 3.5mm input selector? If so that's it.  iPhone/apple connection kit/DFR/3.5mm cable to stereo if available.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@ShawnCthanks yes that is the aux input-do you think i'll need that apple 12v charger also?

Depends how long your going to use it while driving.  I use this https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?fnode=97&fs=f%3Dadapter%26fh%3D458e%2B45b0.  If I'm on a long ride then I plug it in with another lightning to usb connector which charges it.

I often just use a lightning connector straight to usb in the car because then I get all my metadata with album artwork and it charges.  When using the dragonfly I don't get the fancy stuff metadata.  Depends on my mood.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

any thoughts on SQ from Bluetooth selection vs the 'AUX' selection? the Bluetooth actually shows some 'metadata' ie singer album etc but no cover art but to me doesn't 'sound as good'.

any reason why if i use either of the USB ports(on either side of the AUX plug i get nothing if i tap the icon on the screen saying there is no USB plugged in and obviously no sound and no charging

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

any thoughts on SQ from Bluetooth selection vs the 'AUX' selection? the Bluetooth actually shows some 'metadata' ie singer album etc but no cover art but to me doesn't 'sound as good'.

any reason why if i use either of the USB ports(on either side of the AUX plug i get nothing if i tap the icon on the screen saying there is no USB plugged in and obviously no sound and no charging

I have a Sorento and sometimes there’s a handshake issue when connecting. I usually put the screen on that allows me to choose my input, then replug in my iPhone, wait a bit and then it’s ready.  

For my vehicle it always turns on iTunes and starts playing. I hated that. I don’t use iTunes. I keep nothing on my phone. I either  stream from home Jriver or Tidal/Heartradio from my phone. I actually deleted iTunes from my phone which made syncing with my car faster

I have access to a 2017 Durango.  This has the same radio as the Jeep line. I’ll see if I can’t get it to work later today. 

@ShaunC : Thanks- I stream Deezer Spotify TIDAL and Qobuz from my iPhone plus the vehicle came with a years subscription to Sirius-I NEVER listen to or use iTunes either

I'll keep playing with all those bells and whistles and see if I can get the USB ports to respond but the AUX input is fine

So I just finished trying the USB connection in my neighbors Durango.  They have one USB/Aux input/ SD card in the center council.  It didn't work either.  I had iHeartradio playing on the phone and when I plug into there car nothing happened.  In my car it just transfers to the car's audio system.  It didn't charge the phone either.  BUT I was using auxiliary power on the car.  I did not have the car running.  Did you have the car running? That will probably solve the charging problem, maybe the syncing too. 

If your going to use your DF then Aux is the way to go, but it would be nice to charge.

Good Luck

@ShawnCthe 12v charger in the glove box/armrest box is supposed to be 'hot' all the time the ones under the screen are not- neither work even with car running! go figure i'll ask when i bring it in for the first oil change. the iPhone sync'd automatically i didn't have to do a thing

thanks again

bobbmd