IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

9 minutes ago, GUTB said:

So, can any CD player stream MQA through an SPDIF output?

You ask a good question..

JVS says this in his post..."when inserted in a player capable of decoding MQA, it can deliver high-resolution MQA."

So WHAT is a "player capable of decoding MQA"? A CD Player? What?

I bet he has utterly NO CLUE>

5 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

You ask a good question..

JVS says this in his post..."when inserted in a player capable of decoding MQA, it can deliver high-resolution MQA."

So WHAT is a "player capable of decoding MQA"? A CD Player? What?

I bet he has utterly NO CLUE>

Congratulations on posting a small enough amount of Stereophile text, that you are not accused of copyright infringement! ;-)

I Googled MQA CD player. I could not find a single MQA capable CD player. Is it possible to use a CD transport, and send the MQA bitstream to an MQA capable DAC by USB or spdif? Either way, it looks like Jason Victor Serinus (Whistler extraordinaire) is making stuff up.

If someone can show me an MQA capable CD player available for purchase, I will apologise for claiming JVS made something up. 

6 hours ago, Indydan said:

Is it possible to use a CD transport, and send the MQA bitstream to an MQA capable DAC by USB or spdif?

That's how I assumed it would be handled. From what I've read, the disc has a 16-bit MQA stream (rather than the usual 24-bit) encoded in standard CD format readable by any player.

4 hours ago, mcgillroy said:

Stereophile is making MQA–clickbaiting an artform. Give Atkinson a black belt, reputation be dammed, MQA drives eyeballs ;)

I just received this months copies of both Absolute Sound and Stereophile and try as I might I couldn’t see one mention of MQA on either their covers or their contents pages. 

5A3D9982-0ABF-4CBF-A462-974D1D980C59.thumb.jpeg.25eaad4b80692b4eb9d4c4b395affb84.jpeg

David

48 minutes ago, realhifi said:

e I just received this months copies of both Absolute Sound and Stereophile and try as I might I couldn’t see one mention of MQA on either their covers or their contents pages. 

5A3D9982-0ABF-4CBF-A462-974D1D980C59.thumb.jpeg.25eaad4b80692b4eb9d4c4b395affb84.jpeg

I replied to a Serinius article thus. The first part is a 100% accurate  parody of what Serinius wrote  Under UK  law  I own the copyright and therefore can display it worldwide The context is self-explanatory. Online Feb 19. 

"There are two hi-res ones. I will review only the MQA one and say the MQA one is 24/96 when it is actually lossy "about 17" (Stuart)/96 rather than the lossless 24/96 of the other one.

And It wasn't MQA 'authenticated' in the manner MQA Ltd claim. There was no artist/mixer/producer 'sign off' at all. MQA was just added on later by some other guy and 'approved' (not 'authenticated') by some suits."

There's a Jim Austin MQA  article in your right-side online edition. I've never seen a 'paper'  Stereophile in the UK. Not that I would look for it.

6 minutes ago, Spacehound said:
23 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Did you intentionally covered up the right corner.  Front cover bottom right  MQA and an article page 51 by Austin

0657290.jpg

Read more  

Got him!

He covered up the mailing label, to keep his address private. In addition, the cover of issues mailed to subscribers is somewhat different from those sold on newsstands or via Zinio, to make room for the label area.

And to address the confusion evidenced elsewhere in this thread, MQA CDs play normally on a regular CD player, albeit with reduced resolution. But if you feed the 16/44k1 S/PDIF or AES3 datastream from the player's digital output to an MQA-capable DAC, it will be unfolded in the usual way

And please note that Jason's name is Serinus, not Sirinus or Serinius.

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

7 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

He covered up the mailing label, t keep his address private. In addition, the cover of issues mailed to subscribers is somewhat different from those sold on newsstands or via Zinio, to make room for the label area.

And to address the confusion evidenced elsewhere in this thread, MQA CDs play normally on a regular CD player, albeit with reduced resolution. But if you feed the 16/44k1 S/PDIF or AES3 datastream from the player's digital output to an MQA-capable DAC, it will be unfolded in the usual way

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

And  page 51 omitted from  the contents pages? We are not as dumb as you appear to think.

And in your desperation, yet another triviality, Mr Akinson.

4 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

He covered up the mailing label, to keep his address private. In addition, the cover of issues mailed to subscribers is somewhat different from those sold on newsstands or via Zinio, to make room for the label area.

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hope we all missed @realhifi attempt at humor by covering up the MQA stuff. 

Bad attempt at humor :D

The Truth Is Out There