IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

12 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I can safely say we have all had enough of the pseudo moderating done by you and a few other busy bodies. Chris is doing great.

Do you have any comments about the MQA CD? Otherwise MYOB. Same goes for your pal.

Pretty thin skin there. It was a totally innocent question and wasn’t directed to you. 

I think an MQA cd doesn’t make sense as they can barely fit a simple 16/44 file on the silly discs anyway. 

David

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

True, but you're doing your best to be difficult. 

I just say what I believe to be the truth. And on computer' stuff it  almost always  is -  they think I am  good enough to get called back part - time  after 8 years of retirement (at 57). .

However, Mrs Mark Powell   would  agree with you, though she says everything,   she's a 'stream of consciousness' talker. 

2 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

I just say what I believe to be the truth. And on computer' stuff it  almost always  is -  they think I am  good enough to get called back part - time  after 8 years of retirement (at 57). .

However, Mrs Mark Powell   would  agree with you, though she says everything,   she's a 'stream of consciousness' talker. 

I don't understand a word of what you wrote, but that's neither here nor there.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I wish it was black and white simple, but it isn't. One end of the continuum is white, the other is black. All of this stuff falls in the middle. It's probably possible to talk one's way into making a connection between whistling and audio reviewing and MQA, but it's a bit too much for me in this thread. 

Plus, a few of the following posts seemed like guys making fun of someone or laughing at someone and it really felt like a cool guys club type of thing. 

I'm with you when you say, "no sweat as it's not worth that much discussion."

I think this MQA stuff should be 'backed off' a little. We have said our piece and proven it. Archimago will add to it  with a 'formal' article.  

This site probably has the highest computer audio  credibility on the internet and is good on everything  else too. It would be a shame to lose that and become just a crowd of 'MQA whingers'.  Take myself, I may have been  somewhat 'heated' on Stereophile but the contents of my posts were almost all factual, including my comments that Stereophile was not telling the truth..

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Give it up.

I don't think I will.  Ban me if you wish.  I have not seen Christopher3393 contribute anything since the majority of regulars disagreed with his ideas in the "civility thread" (can't recall - did he not start that thread as well?).  I have only seen him pop up here and there to complain about "tone" that he does not agree with.

Since I don't send PM's bitching and complaining take this as my first:

Just who died and made Christopher3393 boss?  Why is his "snowflake" understanding holding sway?  Why does his snitching get a response more often than not?  Who is this guy (or gal)??

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

2 minutes ago, Norton said:

"when inserted in a player capable of decoding MQA, it can deliver high-resolution MQA"

I'm not clear, does such a player exist ( Oppo 205 maybe)?  Presumably a playable MQA disc would be more akin to DVD A rather than RBCD?

Yep. It's another SACD attempt. Locked in proprietary format. The double whammy would be the discontinuation of Redbook.

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

I don't think I will.  Ban me if you wish.  I have not seen Christopher3393 contribute anything since the majority of regulars disagreed with his ideas in the "civility thread" (can't recall - did he not start that thread as well?).  I have only seen him pop up here and there to complain about "tone" that he does not agree with.

Since I don't send PM's bitching and complaining take this as my first:

Just who died and made Christopher3393 boss?  Why is his "snowflake" understanding holding sway?  Why does his snitching get a response more often than not?  Who is this guy (or gal)??

Rules are rules. Way more people use the "report post" function than him. What's wrong with someone reporting violations?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't understand a word of what you wrote, but that's neither here nor there.

It's simple enough -  30 years, 8 years retirement, called back to help test IBM 'Q', the most significant computer they  have ever made. I must have some degree of competence and it leaks into computer audio.

(Everything such 'stream' people think, they say. Always)

I was just 'defending' myself, nothing else. However, it's not "all about me" :)

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Rules are rules. Way more people use the "report post" function than him. What's wrong with someone reporting violations?

Because, people are people.  People make mistakes, get in foul moods, and sometimes they don't agree.  I don't agree with Christopher3393 hyper vigilant patrolling of "tone" that he does not agree with and I suspect he is for whatever reason getting his understanding of "civility" privileged.  Is he you, or do you in the main agree with his civility understanding?  Is he here merely to impose himself, or does he actually have something to say about the subject of this thread or any of the others he has snitched on?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

10 minutes ago, crenca said:

I have not seen Christopher3393 contribute anything since the majority of regulars disagreed with his ideas in the "civility thread" (can't recall - did he not start that thread as well?).  I have only seen him pop up here and there to complain about "tone" that he does not agree with.

He's made a handful of posts in the Album of the Evening and Song of the Day threads, but in a quick scan of his recent posting history I see something like 90% complaining about other people.

21 minutes ago, Norton said:

"when inserted in a player capable of decoding MQA, it can deliver high-resolution MQA"

I'm not clear, does such a player exist ( Oppo 205 maybe)?  Presumably a playable MQA disc would be more akin to DVD A rather than RBCD?

It uses FLAC so it should work on most things.

Tidal (the only one  at present) does the 'first unfold' if you want.

You won't get the rest unless you have an MQA enabled box,  which can be a DAC or a network player. If you have you turn  the Tidal 'first unfold'  off and the MQA enabled   box does it

Some DACs/network players you are  permanently stuck with the MQA  filter, some you have to turn it off manually. Others turn it on/off automatically.

20 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

It uses FLAC so it should work on most things

I'm reasonably familiar with the basics of MQA replay, what I can't quite get my head around is  i. MQA replay from a CD and ii. being able to do so via an integrated disc player currently on the market.  The only possibility I can think of is an Oppo.

An MQA CD contains PCM+MQA data stored in standard CD format, no outer FLAC compression. Any CD transport can send this to an MQA DAC for decoding. A standard CD player will simply play such discs as PCM, just like an MQA file can be played in reduced quality on a non-MQA DAC.

Just now, crenca said:

Tell us @christopher3393 , just how long were you waiting?  Why were you waiting?  Are you the mother hen of CA, and if so who appointed you that role?  Obviously you not approve of the "tone" here in general (too "mean girls" for you in general, "another episode" as you say), and if so what does that have to do with audio in general or this thread in particular??

I have yet to see a post about MQA or a related topic.

19 minutes ago, Norton said:

I'm reasonably familiar with the basics of MQA replay, what I can't quite get my head around is  i. MQA replay from a CD and ii. being able to do so via an integrated disc player currently on the market.  The only possibility I can think of is an Oppo.

Other than perhaps changing my three month Tidal free trial into a paid one (not for MQA reasons)  when it runs out (March) I  don't  see myself  getting  involved in MQA.

My DAC is now MQA enabled  (it wasn't when I started the Tidal free trial) but it was just a free  firmware download. I'm not impressed, nor do I think it is  'bad'. I'm not much concerned about the 'world takover' stuff.