IGNORED

USB HUB for Surface Pro

Vicks7

Hi All, I am setting up a surface pro with JRiver to use with a USB DAC and headphone amp in my office. It is one of the older Surface Pros and has only one USB out. However, in addition to connecting to a USB DAC I would also like to connect an external HD drive for music. Does anyone have a recommendation for a USB Hub that will give me two outputs and will not degrade too much the sound?

Thanks

I use two Gekry 4 port USB hubs to connect all the devises. Use six USB drives and a DVD writer/reader. 

I think the Sabrent 4 port is just as good. 

A power supply upgrade like a iFi power supply could be big. Even better one of the Ultracap based supplies could improve the results over the iFi unit.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

SOtM has an option that might be something to consider.  It is the external USB hub....not the internal one obviously.  They show both on the same page.  

External type : tX-USBhubEX

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/tx-usbhub/

This is what I am going to use coming out of a Mac Mini before I go into a SOtM tX-USBUltra.  Then I will have one audio grade usb for playback and one for USB external storage, or for CD ripping duties via a USB optical drive.  You can power the tX-USBhubEX with various upgraded power options as well.

usbhub.JPG

Vinyl Nirvana Thorens 125 MKII+EAT JO No5 w/ SoundSmith Boran Cantilever>Gold Note PH5+HDPlex 500 ATX+
HDPlex 300>Custom W10 Server>Roon Rock>Euphony Stylus v4+Endpoint v4 Atom/JCAT XE USB>ISO Regen>
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 w/ RoomPerfect>GR Research NX-Studio + Rythmik F18 Servo Sub
"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"