IGNORED

NAD M22 vs c388

Hi guys,

My current audio setup is as follows:

DALI Rubicon 6 speakers connected to a Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver.

I wanted to replace my current receiver and today it just broke. It didn't startup anymore. So I am looking for a new stereo Amplifier.

A while ago I listened to the NAD C388 and I loved it linked to my pair of speakers.

However today my local distributor sells a NAD M22 (probably because of the v2 upgrade) and it was a demo unit. It cost a bit over 400€ more than the C388.

Normal price of the M22 is almost 3500€, now they sell the unit for 1999€. It looks brand new and you get 5 years of warranty.

Unfortunately I didn't had the change yet to hear the difference between the M22 and the C388.

So my question to you is: what would you do?

Buy the C388 which is already a huge step up for me compared to my Onkyo.

Buy the M22 which is a bit stretched for me at the moment. But if it is worth it, I am willing to invest. I won't also purchase the M12. 

Is the M22  (without the M12) that much better? And will I be able to hear it on the Rubicon's? I already liked their sound on the Onkyo's :)

Any other specs or features missing on one of the other unit? I am not sure if the M22 has a headphone jack.

edit
Well reading through the specs brought me already to the following:

I didn't notice a lot of inputs on the M22. Most probably as it is expected to be used with the M12. Obviously the C388 does have all what you expect. Sorry guys, but I am a newbee to this matter.
As I am using an external bluesound Node 2 could I connect this to the M22? 

Hi, are you sure you are not talking about the m32? The 388 and m32 are both considered integrated amplifiers, and are appropriate for comparison. The m22, is a stereo amplifier, and would need a preamplifier like the m12 in order to function- i.e. control volume, switch inputs, etc.  So m22 does not offer the same functionality as the 388. It would seem odd to compare the two, or to go in looking to buy a 388 and be lead towards a m22.

Assuming we are talking 388 vs M32, this is easier to compare. Both are excellent units, the 388 utilizes a much more conventional topology in that it has a conventional preamplifier, DAC and analog amplifier in a single chassis. The m32 utilizes a much more sophisticated direct digital design. I am happy to go into detail on what this means, but I will save the keystrokes until you verify that the discussion is 388 vs m32. 

-LA