IGNORED

Antipodes DX Gen3 vs Innuos Zenith MkII SE

simorag

Very interesting - When will pricing be available?

I love the modular approach as one can go step by step... clever.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

• 1 month later...

I have my DX2 with the original NOS board being [forklift] upgraded to DX3. I have read on CA a few testimonials about adding a separate renderer to the DX3 with better timing source for best sound quality. I understand that better clocking in the server function makes no difference but I'm wondering if in the DX [now with ASUS VX4 board,] whether there is a discrete clock for the integrated renderer function.

I would be very interested in installing a high-accuracy OCXO internally in the DX3. Would anyone have any idea if in the DX3 hardware, there would be a discrete clock dedicated for the combined renderer function in the DX3?

• 1 month later...

@AudioBang

Maybe when the new P2 comes out that will have the option for better clocking (sounds like it will); extract below from Antipodes website:

"We are not ready to provide detail on the P2 output modules just yet, but the emphasis is on precision clocking, and regeneration for the range of outputs that an audiophile is likely to want in order to feed their favourite DAC.

The P2 providing vibration isolation under the EX, reclocking and feeding the customer's choices of output."