IGNORED

Adding a pre amp

Mustu

5 hours ago, esldude said:

His argument is real, simple and nearly unrefutable......  

Many people don't like that on forums. Kimo actually said so.

It decreases their opportunities  to waffle on endlessly  and we all like doing that.

(I know 10 different  ways to remove a Mercedes door handle. The simplest and quickest  one is in the Mercedes manual. The very  'orses mouth.)

6 minutes ago, Kimo said:

I am now starting to question your literacy, or at least your eyesight and/or sobriety.

Question whatever you want. For example, I question the veracity of  the bible's talking snake.

BTW: I gave you an 'uptick' for your  "simpleton" as I can't prove I'm not one.

Just now, Spacehound said:

Question whatever you want. For example, I question the veracity of  the bible's talking snake.

BTW: I gave you an 'uptick' for your  "simpleton" as I can't prove I'm not one.

Well, your response to that one was rather good, so I can't take all the credit.

You might try reading what I actually said in this thread about preamps, though.

Just now, Kimo said:

Well, your response to that one was rather good, so I can't take all the credit.

You might try reading what I actually said in this thread about preamps, though.

My reading it is why I disagree with you. What's hard to understand?

BTW: It wasn't an apple, either  They don't have apple trees in the ME, it's too hot. More likely an olive. 

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

My reading it is why I disagree with you. What's hard to understand?

BTW: It wasn't an apple, either  They don't have apple trees in the ME, it's too hot. More likely an olive. 

So, you fervently disagree with the recommendation to demo first.  Are you some kind of anti preamp Nazi?

It was a Citron.

9 minutes ago, Kimo said:

So, you fervently disagree with the recommendation to demo first.  Are you some kind of anti preamp Nazi?

It was a Citron.

I rarely bother to demo stuff. The Mercedes  I mentioned was purchased because the Mercedes dealer was the nearest.and I was fed up with getting wet on the motorbike. It was an impulse purchase as most of my purchases are.  (I've still got the motorbike.)

Did citrons exist then?

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

I rarely bother to demo stuff. The Mercedes  I mentioned was purchased because the Mercedes dealer was the nearest.

Did citrons exist then?

You will have to ask the Pope.  I am not sure what name he uses here.  Apparently, it is one of the original citrus fruits, so there is a chance.

33 minutes ago, jabbr said:

I'm a little surprised that this hasn't been said but one of the best reasons for a pre-amplifier is to to match a high output impedance source with a low input impedance amplifier i.e. to amplify current.

Ah yup, identified in this post from Barrows. It's lost in among all the tripe on pages 2 and 3.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

40 minutes ago, jabbr said:

I'm a little surprised that this hasn't been said but one of the best reasons for a pre-amplifier is to to match a high output impedance source with a low input impedance amplifier i.e. to amplify current.

That's the main reason I just ordered a new head amp to try. This one has adjustable output impedance, and I wanted to see what effect this would have on sound. Up to now, the sound has been simply awesome right out of the balanced outputs of my DAC (after proper DSP). Perhaps that's because my headphones have a high-ish impedance.