IGNORED

Simple MQA poll.

realhifi

Simple MQA poll. Just answer poll please, NO comments.   

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, miguelito said:

A qualifier on my "For" vote: If the end result is overall better sound quality to a large swath of content then I think this is a positive. However, if the resulting impact is ultimately DRM, then I am not and, as history has shown, it will get purged out.

Also let me just add that my verdict so far after listening to a substantial amount of MQA releases is a mixed bag. Some good, many the same as high res, many worse than the latest redbook (eg INXS's Kick).

I can fully decode MQA, btw... 

So my "for" vote for improved sound quality is still to pan out! 

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 hour ago, Fyper said:

Fair enough

Maybe the poll question should have been: 

"Are you for or against or neutral on MQA becoming the industry's standard?"

That's how I read it and why I voted against.

I would likely still vote neutral....

i would guess the industry standard is mp3, flac, wav, or aiff today??...I mostly listen to dsd, and i would never pay for a subscription service.

I would guess that MQA is at least as good as mp3 which is probably the most popular (not best, but most popular)?

I haven't been active in the MQA threads, as it really means nothing to me, but perhaps there are reasons I should be against it.

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

Also let me just add that my verdict so far after listening to a substantial amount of MQA releases is a mixed bag. Some good, many the same as high res, many worse than the latest redbook (eg INXS's Kick).

I can fully decode MQA, btw... 

So my "for" vote for improved sound quality is still to pan out! 

Me too. Using the same DAC as you. But I'm too tight-fisted to buy the external clock.

148 members have voted.  That may indeed be normal traffic for  "General Forum".  Who knows?

I imagine there are visitors who only scan the more narrow topic foura such as "networking" etc.   

The General Forum may be to wild for some.:P

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

I simply clicked on the vote tally, but I would have been an "against" of course.  What I find interesting is that the neutral voter is often explaining his vote, saying something to the effect of 

"I am against the DRM, black box, "end to end" danger, but as long as it is only a niche product then I am merely neutral"

So those who disagree with what MQA is as a technical/legal/market product, is actually >80%.

I wonder if realhifi and the other regula "subjectivist" audiophiles expected that?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

3 hours ago, crenca said:

I simply clicked on the vote tally, but I would have been an "against" of course.  What I find interesting is that the neutral voter is often explaining his vote, saying something to the effect of 

"I am against the DRM, black box, "end to end" danger, but as long as it is only a niche product then I am merely neutral"

So those who disagree with what MQA is as a technical/legal/market product, is actually >80%.

I wonder if realhifi and the other regula "subjectivist" audiophiles expected that?

Didn’t know I was a “subjectivist” audiophile. In fact I can’t remember what I would have said that would lead you to that conclusion.  The poll is actually a little different than I expected on this site. 

David

10 minutes ago, realhifi said:

Didn’t know I was a “subjectivist” audiophile. In fact I can’t remember what I would have said that would lead you to that conclusion.  The poll is actually a little different than I expected on this site. 

I don't see you as an objectivist or even leaning that way.  What did you expect  from the poll (just curious)?

On 2/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, crenca said:

I don't see you as an objectivist or even leaning that way.  What did you expect  from the poll (just curious)?

Just curious what you’re basing that on?

I had no expectations on the poll. It was just to see what the sentiment about MQA was.  

David

On 16 February 2018 at 6:38 PM, crenca said:

Yes, the number voting and way the votes are cast is pretty  much what  I would have expected from forum activity on the subject to date.

4 hours ago, realhifi said:

Just curious what you’re basing that on?

Well, just  to use the latest example over on the "mqa yet again" thread you and  @Norton are more interested in the subject of Archimago than the object of mqa and his measurements of it.  Actually, it is not that you are "more interested", it is rather how you see the world and everything in it.  In a very real sense, you are aristocratic - the truth of something is based on the reputation and status of who said it (though you of course reserve judgement as to who gets what reputation).  For an objectivist, it is not who said what but what he said, objectivists are meritocratic.

52 minutes ago, crenca said:

For an objectivist, it is not who said what but what he said, objectivists are meritocratic

It's not about "aristocracy".  It's  about transparency, accountability and the courage of your convictions.  If you prepare  an article  for publication, you should be equally prepared to put your name to it.  That's what every university I've worked at would expect. Maybe you dismiss all universities as lacking objectivity?

5 minutes ago, Norton said:

It's not about "aristocracy".  It's  about transparency, accountability and the courage of your convictions.  If you prepare  an article  for publication, you should be equally prepared to put your name to it.  That's what every university I've worked at would expect. Maybe you dismiss all universities as lacking objectivity?

It's raining in my part of the New Forest. Come and have a look. Anon.

7 minutes ago, Norton said:

Peer review of science papers is often anonymous.