IGNORED

SOtM sCLK-OCX10

Pre-orders starting February 12, shipments begin February 19.  Free sPS-500 and $200 off a dCBL-BNC50(1M) or dCBL-BNC75(1M) for the first 100 orders.

It's unclear whether the $3500 price is for the reference clock (140 dBc/Hz at 10Hz).  SOtM had been planning to offer standard, advanced and reference clock levels.

@MayfromSOtM can you please clarify?

Anyone planning to buy one?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

22 minutes ago, rickca said:

Pre-orders starting February 12, shipments begin February 19.  Free sPS-500 and $200 off a dCBL-BNC50(1M) or dCBL-BNC75(1M) for the first 100 orders.

It's unclear whether the $3500 price is for the reference clock (140 dBc/Hz at 10Hz).  SOtM had been planning to offer standard, advanced and reference clock levels.

Hi ricka, thank you for your request, here I need to clarify some points based on your understanding.

The sPS-500 will be supplied for free when purchasing the sCLK-OCX10 and it is the Referece model that initially known. And the dCBL-BNC50(1M) or dCBL-BNC75(1M) could be purchased at USD500 if you purchase thes sCLK-OCX10 in this time.

But please be noted the qty is very limited to 100pcs only.

Hope it makes sense :)

Thank you.

Best regards, May

7 minutes ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Hope it makes sense

Yes, May thanks for the clarification.  So has SOtM decided to offer only the reference clock sCLK-OCX10 ... no standard or advanced model?  If so, please advise Crux Audio to change the specs on their sCLK-OCX10 page to avoid confusion.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

52 minutes ago, rickca said:

130 dbc/Hz at 10Hz ocxo cost 100$

140 dbc/Hz sotm  3500$

1dbc/Hz 340$:(

1 minute ago, hurka said:

130 dbc/Hz at 10Hz ocxo cost 100$

140 dbc/Hz sotm  3500$

1dbc/Hz 350$:(

LOL do you know an external master clock with 130 dBc/Hz at 10 Hz that only costs $100?

@MayfromSOtM you have published the phase noise graph for sCLK-OCX10.  Why have you never published the phase noise graph for sCLK-EX?

22 hours ago, rickca said:

@MayfromSOtM you have published the phase noise graph for sCLK-OCX10.  Why have you never published the phase noise graph for sCLK-EX?

The graph we published on our website should be replaced, and we got supplied the OCX from other manufacturer and they share the graph with us so that I can share it with you, but for sCLK-EX, we are not ready to be shared the information.

Thank you.

Best regards, May  

7 minutes ago, flkin said:

They did in their website earlier but seems to have taken it down. Pretty amazing figures shown if I recall correctly.

I took it down in a couple of hours ago since the graph should be replaced, I will post it up again soon. Please wait~

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

I notice that the SOtM reference clock generates a sine wave, whereas the Mutec REF10 generates a square wave.  Any thoughts?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2018 at 3:18 PM, ronfint said:

The only downside is that five sotm boxes is a lot. I've got them stacked in a trapezoid and I’m using short cables; so at least there isn't too much of a mess.

I have mine in burn-in cycle, now past 250 hours, and noticed a jump in improvement when the burn-in past 200 hours and continue to improve even past 250 hours.  Once I have the burn-in going a bit longer, I plan to try out couple power supplies to see if I can detect any difference from the sPS-500 I am using now.

Could you share what BNC cable you are using?  I would like to try different BNC cables and might start with Pasternack cable since I have good result using their SMB cables connecting from txUSBUltra to other destination clock points.

22 minutes ago, elan120 said:

I have mine in burn-in cycle, now past 250 hours, and noticed a jump in improvement when the burn-in past 200 hours and continue to improve even past 250 hours.  Once I have the burn-in going a bit longer, I plan to try out couple power supplies to see if I can detect any difference from the sPS-500 I am using now.

Could you share what BNC cable you are using?  I would like to try different BNC cables and might start with Pasternack cable since I have good result using their SMB cables connecting from txUSBUltra to other destination clock points.

From Pasternack I am using RG400, 30cm, 12 inches in length.

1 hour ago, elan120 said:

Thank you for the recommendation.  I am also considering this one, but not sure what the differences between this and the RG401.

RG400 coax has a shield count of 2 and the maximum frequency is 12.4 GHz. RG400 coax cable has an attenuation at 1 GHz of 14.7 dB and a maximum power of 600 watts at 1 GHz.

RG401 coax has a shield count of 1 and the maximum frequency is 20 GHz. RG401 coax cable has an attenuation at 1 GHz of 7.5 dB and a maximum power of 1,400 watts at 1 GHz.

You can see the difference in shielding in the photos on the website.

46 minutes ago, ronfint said:

I'm using the same. I may go to slightly longer cables, though, to separate some of the boxes and give my shelf a nicer look.

2 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

RG400 coax has a shield count of 2 and the maximum frequency is 12.4 GHz. RG400 coax cable has an attenuation at 1 GHz of 14.7 dB and a maximum power of 600 watts at 1 GHz.

RG401 coax has a shield count of 1 and the maximum frequency is 20 GHz. RG401 coax cable has an attenuation at 1 GHz of 7.5 dB and a maximum power of 1,400 watts at 1 GHz.

You can see the difference in shielding in the photos on the website.

Thank you for the additional information and recommendation.  I am also in discussion with Pasternack tech support, and for the moment, they recommend LMR-195 coax (PE3C0054-xx), so for now, I have two possible cables to try.

SOtM are developing a new rack for the ‘Ultra’ range that looks very tidy and apparently will have a quite reasonable price. With 5 boxes,  2 racks with 3 and 2 components is the order of the day. Should certainly sound better than stacked modules and the footprint won’d Be that much bigger than a standard ‘Ultra’ box. You’d need to check with May regarding availability

6 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

SOtM are developing a new rack for the ‘Ultra’ range that looks very tidy and apparently will have a quite reasonable price. With 5 boxes,  2 racks with 3 and 2 components is the order of the day. Should certainly sound better than stacked modules and the footprint won’d Be that much bigger than a standard ‘Ultra’ box. You’d need to check with May regarding availability

If it looks better than what I currently have, I guess that I'd consider this. I honestly don't believe that there would be a difference in sound.

IMG_6749.thumb.jpg.fb71803f14e9a10fd2daed559d13258b.jpg