IGNORED

Active Monitors

Well my main and pretty much only use for these will be simply for music on my computer. I plan on just running them off of my internal soundcard for now, and eventually maybe steeping up to some sort of DAC. budgest is basically 200, MAYBE 250 tops. I know thats not a ton but ive been looking at these two sets recently. Either the Audioengine 2 which ive read a lot of good things about, or the Swan D1080MkII 08. Right now im leaning more towards the Swan's to me they just look better, but im far from an expert. So if you guys could give me a comparison, or the pros and cons of each and also maybe point me in the direction of other active monitors. Thanks a lot.

Forgot to throw some links in for ya guys my bad.

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php/p/swan-d1080mkii-08/products_id/144

http://www.audioengineusa.com/a2_home.php

Let us know how they sound & look after you have them set-up and broken in. I'm sure plenty will be interested to hear your thoughts about the Swan's.

Lyngdorf TDA2200 int.\ Accuphase E-211 int.~ Totem \Mani's & "The One\" monitors~Bryston BDA-1 DAC~Halide HD DAC~Micromega Transport~AnTi cables & Synergistic Research cables~JohnBlue JB3~(mod) Totem orig. Model One monitors[br]Mini Mac,1.8ghz Core 2 Duo

Yea for sure I'll be looking forward to doing so, I'm pretty excitied to get them. I've been speakerless for a while and just using a pretty crappy pair of sony headphones so I figured it was time for an upgrade, did some research decided to go with the Swan's. If i dont like them then they can go back, but yea as soon as i get them broken in and have a chance to really listen to them I will put up a review, from my perspective. Im no audiophile but I'd like to think i have a decent ear so yea.

• 3 months later...

Hi, im just curious how the Swan D1080MkII 08 performed in your tests, can you please give a small review? thanks..

some people call me urakis[br]late 2008 aluminum macbook running mac os x leopard 10.5.7, dell xps m1530 running windows vista sp2, itunes 8.

• 3 months later...