IGNORED

Paul Hynes Excuses to deliver the power supply

I have placed several orders with Paul Hynes. The shipping dates have not been met on time.

3 SR7EHD units. Quoted time 36 to 48 working days. 3/12/2012 received 8/15/2013.

1 Multirail SR7EHD. Special Fast track delivery (order canceled by customer). 1/16/2014 Received  11/7/2014.

I ordered 3 more units from Paul Hynes Audio Ltd. (no longer in business) and  received all of them on quoted time. Too bad he doesn't start another such company.

My point is they will eventually get to you. Admittedly it is quite frustrating with the wait and broken delivery dates.

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

It is troubling to read these reports.  I really like Paul--we have corresponded and spoken on the phone--and wish him the best.  It has been reported that he has had some health issues, so that could explain some of it.  But given what has been reported--and I am not speaking of just this thread, extreme lead times have been the norm with PH for years--perhaps he is considering retiring or transferring the business. I hope it works out.

We build about 25 JS-2 choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7 amp supplies each month.  The generally are reserved and pre-sold 2-3 weeks in advance,, but we ask that our clients not pay us until one week prior to the ship date.  I am never comfortable holding money for goods owed.  Too stressful and against my personal/professional ethics.

--Alex C.

Alex C.

I am with you on this. I also heard that Paul recently had major health issues, and as you say, Paul has always been a little slow on completing his orders.
 Perhaps he already has quite a bit of time and money invested in the disputed PSU, which would make him reluctant to offer a refund ?

Your approach is most sensible !

Regards

Alex K.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

It is troubling to read these reports.  I really like Paul--we have corresponded and spoken on the phone--and wish him the best.  It has been reported that he has had some health issues, so that could explain some of it.  But given what has been reported--and I am not speaking of just this thread, extreme lead times have been the norm with PH for years--perhaps he is considering retiring or transferring the business. I hope it works out.

We build about 25 JS-2 choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7 amp supplies each month.  The generally are reserved and pre-sold 2-3 weeks in advance,, but we ask that our clients not pay us until one week prior to the ship date.  I am never comfortable holding money for goods owed.  Too stressful and against my personal/professional ethics.

--Alex C.

3 hours ago, sandyk said:

Alex C.

I am with you on this. I also heard that Paul recently had major health issues, and as you say, Paul has always been a little slow on completing his orders.
 Perhaps he already has quite a bit of time and money invested in the disputed PSU, which would make him reluctant to offer a refund ?

Your approach is most sensible !

Regards

Alex K.

Agreed but my point that he worked in a new project SR4 and it was delivered to many people despite he had many custom orders SR7 in his list and he suspended delivery time many times!!!!

22 minutes ago, beautiful music said:

Agreed but my point that he worked in a new project SR4 and it was delivered to many people despite he had many custom orders SR7 in his list and he suspended delivery time many times!!!!

Given  that he had major health problems, it shouldn't be surprising that many orders were delayed.

Yes, he shouldn't have kept accepting new orders until his health problems were sorted.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

7 hours ago, jjh1585 said:

I have placed several orders with Paul Hynes. The shipping dates have not been met on time.

3 SR7EHD units. Quoted time 36 to 48 working days. 3/12/2012 received 8/15/2013.

1 Multirail SR7EHD. Special Fast track delivery (order canceled by customer). 1/16/2014 Received  11/7/2014.

I ordered 3 more units from Paul Hynes Audio Ltd. (no longer in business) and  received all of them on quoted time. Too bad he doesn't start another such company.

My point is they will eventually get to you. Admittedly it is quite frustrating with the wait and broken delivery dates.

If he couldn’t deliver it but he could refund my money. I think he is  unreliable

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

--Alex C.

Hello Alex

i have paid your company for usb regen and i was the first customer from iran if you remember it.

i wonder why paul hold our money and do not respond me.

i think paul should refund customer money if he couldn’t deliver it after 6 month .

The right way is accepting money 2-3 weeks in advance .

39 minutes ago, mozes said:

If after 6 months he can’t give you a delivery timeline, then he should refund your money no doubt!

Paul is also a C.A. member, and may see this thread.

Posted comments like this aren't helpful : "i think he will not deliver my order "

I would again ask him politely for a delivery timeline . If he can't give one, then it's time to take the matter further.

5 hours ago, beautiful music said:

Paul does not build the SR4 him self he has a guy that help him put them together as they are all the same no custom builds. Ten SR4 are built in each batch.

So there is no need to compare the SR7 custom builds with the of the shelf SR4 build that is a ongoing process with or without Paul as he explained it to me when I ordered my SR4. 

I am not defending how Paul does his buisness as I have self considered a SR7 but put that on hold. 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
7 hours ago, sandyk said:

Paul is also a C.A. member, and may see this thread.

Posted comments like this aren't helpful : "i think he will not deliver my order "

I would again ask him politely for a delivery timeline . If he can't give one, then it's time to take the matter further.

I think Delivering orders after 2 years have no meaning to me. I am not happy not because of long delivery , i think paul should inform his customer about orders before accepting money.

3 hours ago, octaviars said:

Paul does not build the SR4 him self he has a guy that help him put them together as they are all the same no custom builds. Ten SR4 are built in each batch.

So there is no need to compare the SR7 custom builds with the of the shelf SR4 build that is a ongoing process with or without Paul as he explained it to me when I ordered my SR4. 

I am not defending how Paul does his buisness as I have self considered a SR7 but put that on hold. 

delivery time is impotant to all customers but it is not all of my problem , paul should inform his customer before accepting money

Every company should give a delivery time before accepting money. If there is any problem then the company should ask customer to choose between refund or longer delivery time.

after 6 month paul has no delivery time and he does not respond to refund my money. 

Amir

58 minutes ago, amir57bs said:

delivery time is impotant to all customers but it is not all of my problem , paul should inform his customer before accepting money

Of course I am with you on this.

I made my payment to Paul for a SR4 on the 13 november and it shipped out to me on the 11 december. Paul informed me during this time that there was a 1-2 weeks delay as a package with the backplates went missing during the production of the first batch.

Then UPS lost my package but that is another thing..... 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
3 hours ago, tims said:

Amir

Paul has been in business for maybe a decade or longer.  Up to now (as far as I'm aware) he has not failed to deliver a power supply yet.  

I think all you can do is wait - I'm sure you'll eventually get it.

tims

all of my problem is not money or delivering order, i do not like working with unreliable people.

paul should correct his business model.

paul do not respond to my email when i told him to deliver my money as soon as possible.