IGNORED

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400

Hi,

the new Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 (PowerDAC) has been announced and will come with 2x400W of Power and all the features we like including

• 7 digital in incl 1 AES
  • 4k HDMI modul (optional)
  • Analog modul (optional)
  • DLNA /UPnP
  • User may create up to 32 unique voicings

http://lyngdorf.com/news-lyngdorf-audio-launches-new-amplifier-and-loudspeaker/

I have ordered and it will be shipped end of February / early March. 

Will let you know about my impression and comparison to my current TDAI 2170. 

Chris

Software > Roon Server & HQ Player4 on Windows 2019/AO & MacMini MMK (plus Audirvana 3.5)  > Netgear GS105EV2 > Meicord Opal > Naim NDX 2 > Naim SN2 + Lyngdorf CD-2 + Rega RP8/Aria >  > Harbeth SHL5 plus

On 1/17/2018 at 1:47 PM, HardrockInMiniMac said:

Hi,

the new Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 (PowerDAC) has been announced and will come with 2x400W of Power and all the features we like including

• DLNA /UPnP

Chris

Seeing forward to your impressions. Any indication price wise?

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

On 1/17/2018 at 7:47 AM, HardrockInMiniMac said:

Hi,

• DLNA /UPnP

Chris

what streamer do you use with your 2170?

Today it is still MacMini only for Roon and Synology NAS for audio files.

...from tomorrow on it will be Synology NAS + MacMini into SOTM-SMS200-ULTRA.

Chris

Software > Roon Server & HQ Player4 on Windows 2019/AO & MacMini MMK (plus Audirvana 3.5)  > Netgear GS105EV2 > Meicord Opal > Naim NDX 2 > Naim SN2 + Lyngdorf CD-2 + Rega RP8/Aria >  > Harbeth SHL5 plus

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@HardrockInMiniMac Any news on your new Lyngdorf TDAI-3400?

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

The TDAI 3400 is shipping in the UK as of yesterday. 

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

hardrockinminima

Are you liking the Lyngdorf 2170 with your Harbeth’s, I have a pair of Graham Audio LS 5/9 and am planning to move my Hi-Fi to a room that unfortunately is nearly square in format, would the 2170 make the room work for me, do you think?

What kind of sonic signature does the 2170 give to your speakers, I don’t want cold or clinically sterile music, but instead sound that I can listen for hours at a time.

Thanks.

On 17.3.2018 at 6:37 PM, skatbelt said:

@HardrockInMiniMac Any news on your new Lyngdorf TDAI-3400?

Hi,

no. 

I have invested in SOTM and a pair of SOTM PSU plus Windows 2012 R2, Audiophile Optimizer in the meantime and sound quality made such a stunning step forward that I am not eager to make any changes to the Amp at this moment.

In addition, I was about to sell the 2170 and the market price after 1 year is in a range I am not willing to accept at this point, 

Chris

22 hours ago, gryphongryph said:

hardrockinminima

Are you liking the Lyngdorf 2170 with your Harbeth’s, I have a pair of Graham Audio LS 5/9 and am planning to move my Hi-Fi to a room that unfortunately is nearly square in format, would the 2170 make the room work for me, do you think?

What kind of sonic signature does the 2170 give to your speakers, I don’t want cold or clinically sterile music, but instead sound that I can listen for hours at a time.

Thanks.

Hi, 

of course I like my Harbeth with Lyngdorf but only together with my SDA-2400 power amp.

However, After my very recent OSX to Windows 2012 migration I have changed my opinion a little bit and came to believe that the Lyngdorf amp does not give any particular sound signature to my loudspeakers, so do not speaker cables as I am currently testing a number of budget cables against expensive wire and cannot hear a significant difference compared to the impact  Windows 2012R with audiophile optimizer has for my listening pleasure.

The advantage of my Lyngdorf stereo chain comes from room perfect. If it wasn't for that I would probably test a lot of other amps in the price neighborhood. 

As for "cold and clinically" it does depend on the music. I would not want Alan Parsons or Pink Floyd to sound "tropical" but pristine, exact and spot on instead. I like the fact that room perfect gives me so much more detail and depth that otherwise could be washed out by the room with certain aspects of the music being over emphasized, some may however call this "clinical". 

My personal measure is my leg, if it moves to the rhythm of the music while I am reading or writing and if it tells me to turn the volume up, then for me something is going in the right direction. 

With Audiophile Optimizer and Windows in core mode I found out that my speakers can deliver a lot more music than I had ever thought they could and Lyngdorf did not make a change to that either way.

The source rules!

Chris 

3 hours ago, HardrockInMiniMac said:

Hi,

no. 

I have invested in SOTM and a pair of SOTM PSU plus Windows 2012 R2, Audiophile Optimizer in the meantime and sound quality made such a stunning step forward that I am not eager to make any changes to the Amp at this moment.

In addition, I was about to sell the 2170 and the market price after 1 year is in a range I am not willing to accept at this point, 

Chris

Okay. Thanks for you reply. I thought you had ordered already.

I know of at least one person that experimented with the 2400 external and thought it was a step backward in sound. But I guess it depends a lot on the speakers. He had similar high efficiency speakers as I do. Mine are 99dB, so very high. His were 96 if I remember correctly. I guess if you aren't pushing the 2170 to start with, it's better not to add anything you don't need to the signal path. At least that's always been my way of thinking. I would think the 3400 would be a cleaner solution if you require additional head-room vs the 2170.

I sent an email to lyngdorf regarding tidal integration and they replied that it is only available via Roon. Direct tidal support won't happen.

Quite a shame to have to spend another 500 to have tidal. An option would be to stream it via dnla and a tablet but it's not as elegant as direct support.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, MASantos said:

I sent an email to lyngdorf regarding tidal integration and they replied that it is only available via Roon. Direct tidal support won't happen.

Quite a shame to have to spend another 500 to have tidal. An option would be to stream it via dnla and a tablet but it's not as elegant as direct support.

That's quite a turn-off. Naim Nova offers native Tidal (but its HDMI is buggy), but less power

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/02/2018 at 2:56 PM, ds58 said:

I read that this new model will be a Roon Ready endpoint.

I own a TDAI 2170, hope that Lyngdorf make an Ethernet streaming module available.

Good luck with the 3400!

Those of you who own the TDAI 3400, does it stream music from a NAS drive via ethernet? 

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

10 hours ago, MASantos said:

It does! The web based app has a file based search system which isn't that great. I am using bubble upnp on my android as a control point and is a bit better, but still nowhere near a good server based app such as audirvana or roon. 

@MASantos How does the new TDAI-3400 sound? Did you also own the TDAI-2170? If so, how do they the compare (or differ)?

I purchased the TDAI3400 with the BW2/MH2 speaker combo. I did not hear it with other speakers so I can't make a comparison with other amplifiers. I also didn't listen to the 2700 as the features of the 3400 made it an easy choice. It is a newer platform with provision for media playing so I could reduce the number of components in my system to a minimum. The extra power also comes in handy should I ever consider alternative speakers.

All this said, the 3400 with the lyngdorf speakers combo is a really great piece  kit. Very detailed and articulate and with great resolution. (with the negative aspect of making bad recordings sound bad. It doesn't mask any problems in the recording as other amplifiers do)

Lower notes come though clean and with enough impact to make the music sound realistic, midrange could be a bit more natural, and I've heard better, at a much higher price though. Treble is detailed and dynamic and cymbals come through with a lot of air and realness.  soundstage and imaging is also very good as the RP deals with it in the DSP!

It has the added bonus of HDMI inputs and makes movie watching much better even without a 5.1 system. Wife is very happy with the ease of use. Overall not a cheap investment but I couldn't be happier.