IGNORED

Announcing the next generation: UltraCap LPS-1.2 (Now 5/7/9/12V! ; Now with parallel LT3045 regulators!)

24 minutes ago, coot said:

Re: Cats male/female. Stop and think for a sec. If ALL of any animal is one gender or the other, there would be no mating or reproduction now would there?! x-D

Aside from asexual reproduction of course. Hey, I've got an idea. Let's take over this thread with photos of single-celled organisms. Otherwise it's in danger of becoming all cats all the time, like the Schitt Happened thread over on head-fi. ?

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

26 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I am on the 3-day plan.  My units shipped on Wednesday with expected delivery today, but the package hasn't even arrived in Houston.

Is that you Brian?  Sorry to hear your package is a bit slow. :( Who knows, it might show up today after all.  Certainly by tomorrow.  Thanks for your patience.

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Is that you Brian?  Sorry to hear your package is a bit slow. :( Who knows, it might show up today after all.  Certainly by tomorrow.  Thanks for your patience.

Yes, it's me.  :D

I wasn't criticizing your choice of shippers.  I think you have excellent business practices and agree that USPS makes the most sense!  I was only trying to provide some consolation to @Len-ski

Alex, thanks for sending the 5 x LPS1.2s.

I can't believe the detail I'm hearing from my system which wasn't there before installing the LPS1.2s.  John and yourself have delivered another product which punches way above its price point.

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

3 hours ago, Len-ski said:

My unit shipped Tuesday and was supposed to arrive yesterday. Now tracking info just has “ Alert “ status. Awesome. USPS lost it. :(

Update: USPS just came and went and no package today. Tracking said it was on the truck yesterday in my town and now just says alert with no further updates. Been on hold with customer service for over 30 minutes now but am feeling great knowing I’m the only one in last 26 months with lost order ?

31 minutes ago, Len-ski said:

Update: USPS just came and went and no package today. Tracking said it was on the truck yesterday in my town and now just says alert with no further updates. Been on hold with customer service for over 30 minutes now but am feeling great knowing I’m the only one in last 26 months with lost order ?

I am so sorry to hear this Leonard.  Must be very frustrating for you.  Let's keep an eye on it, and if it does show by early in the week, let's get another shipped out to you.  Contact me privately and we will take care of you in that case.

Still crossing my fingers for Saturday for you. 

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I am so sorry to hear this Leonard.  Must be very frustrating for you.  Let's keep an eye on it, and if it does show by early in the week, let's get another shipped out to you.  Contact me privately and we will take care of you in that case.

Still crossing my fingers for Saturday for you. 

Just got off the phone with USPS customer service and they will have local office contact me within a few days. If they can’t find it I will contact you. Thank you for your concern. 

1 hour ago, Len-ski said:

To give you hope ... I just had a package (coffee from a roaster) that did the same thing.  It was out for delivery and then got an alert that said the package was undeliverable.  It was delivered the next business day!  No explanation of what happened.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@auricgoldfinger

My 2 units showed up on the 2-day plan. Yet more proof that Austin > Houston. :D

@Superdad @JohnSwenson Congratulations!

Even cold (ambient temps outside in the mailbox were in the 40s), I really like what I'm hearing. I'll be posting more considered impressions once these units have had a decent amount of burn in, but I think you have a real winner on your hands.

1 minute ago, austinpop said:

My 2 units showed up on the 2-day plan. Yet more proof that Austin > Houston. :D

LOL.  Based on Alex's comments above, I believe there are some slackers at the Houston airport hub who aren't processing packages until 12-18 hours after their arrival, thereby adding a full day to the delivery process.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:44 PM, left channel said:

In general tortoiseshell cats are female, while males are more likely to be all or mostly one solid color or with solid blocks of colors arranged to attract more attention and perhaps enhance perceived body size.

We've certainly found this to be the case with our cats over the years, including our current pair of sibling tabbies. The female is a "tortie tabby", while the male is mostly mono-hued with subtle stripes on his tail.

Theoretically this gives the females more camouflage for hunting and while pregnant/nursing, while the males can strut around attracting attention and fighting. YTMV of course. ("T" = tabby.)

This is Ruby, who has one ginger leg, a part ginger tail, and likes sleeping in Amazon boxes in preference to a comfy basket.  What does this all mean?

Ruby.thumb.JPG.767b9a02e58105d595c043b665067ce2.JPG

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:35 PM, Len-ski said:

Update: postal carrier just dropped off my package, turns out it was in a postal locker and the key was put in the wrong mailbox. Normal carrier was out last week and someone filling in made the mistake and he even forgot to scan it so it didn’t show as delivered. Now going to power my microrendu with this. All’s well that ends well ?

1 hour ago, Len-ski said:

Update: postal carrier just dropped off my package, turns out it was in a postal locker and the key was put in the wrong mailbox. Normal carrier was out last week and someone filling in made the mistake and he even forgot to scan it so it didn’t show as delivered. Now going to power my microrendu with this. All’s well that ends well ?

You'll find it was worth the wait.  :D

for those planning to use their LPS-1.2 with a Chord Qutest:

- this adapter will not work (doesn't fit Qutest's "recessed slot" where USB micro is)

- this one instead does ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

12 hours ago, paulmckwan said:

Hi I'm from Hong Kong, just to share I received my tracking number notification mail on 23 Feb morning (HKT), for my ISO Regen / UltraCap bundle. And I just received the package at 27 Feb morning time here.

I'd say it is faster than expected.

Wow, 4 days.  That's crazy-fast for international Priority Mail!  :D