IGNORED

Starting from scratch - New Setup

I've been reading about configurations from many here and Chris' effusive reviews of the Sonore products.  Since I'm starting from scratch, I'd like opinions from readers.  I have a home with a router that is a room away from where I'll be doing the bulk of my listening.  I will have some wireless speaker setup in other rooms too.  But main question is the optimal way to configure the chain.  I primarily listen to my own collection stored on external drives but could easily see moving to a NAS for this purpose.  If I do, what would you recommend as an optimal setup?  Is the Roon/Rendu combo the way to go?  I could really use some advice for configuring a new setup, while not breaking the bank.  I'll save that for the amp and speakers:). And let me finish by saying that I absolutely do want streaming as an option, just that it's not my dominant listening mode.  Thanks in advance for your valuable input!

You could also look at Allo.com. I haven't heard them but their USB out and SPDIF out versions of a Raspberry Pi, optimized for audio, have gotten very positive reviews. My impression is that they are a not distant second to the mRendu, and cheaper. 

A bit fiddly for the initial setup, so you have to be willing to deal with that. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)