I bougt the Mutec Ref 10 and I use it with the Mutec 3+ USB. 

I built a Server like I reported before an I want to build it in my PC (Server) now the SOTM clock sCLK ex.

The Server (PC) has the the following configuration:

HD PLex Case, HD Plex linear power 200 watt, HD Plex 160 w DC Atx, SOTM USB Card with CLK 48 Clock,  Pachanko Pure Reference SATA Cable, Samsung SSD 250 GB, WD Red 4 TB, USB and SPIDIF cable by Aqvox, Maimboard Asus prime B250 plus, Intel Chip I5 7600, DVD Plextor, Soundcard esi@Juli (good Sound, better SQ with USB Card), SOTM SATA Filter III, as Interface DDC Mutec MC3 +USB, SAC Dac (German factory in Essen).

Software: Windows Server 2016 Essentials (I changed from Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 really improves the SQ), Server optimized with Highend-AudioPC (audiophiler optimizer), HQ Player, Roon, Fidelizer Pro.

I want to use the SOTM clock and I want to connect it with the Oszillator Crystals of the Mainboard and the ethernet comunication ans the SOTM USB card.

Standard values are 14,318 MHZ (minbaoard) and 25 MHZ for the Ethernet Crystal Oszillator. The ehthernet comunication crystral has a number on it 25.

This would fit. But the maiboard Crystal oszilator has a number 24 (TP0Q24 0 M326). Does it means it does not have 14,318 MHZ-and has 25 MHZ.

Does anybody has a clue to this question? SOTM does not really wnat to answer this and the Asus Support (Mainboard Asus prime B 250 plus) says they can not give an answer. I hope there is somebody who can help.

Just send it to SOtM, they will measure it and replace.  Since you have an extra point, might want to consider where to utilize it.  Onboard USB?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Sotm can help figure it out. drop a message to May. 25 and 24 seem valid.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

MAY Sotm:

" if you pay USD30, we will provide the cables to connect the sCLK-EX to the PC, so that you can add the extra f/w to the sCLK-EX to enable 1 extra clock output.

And the USD50 is the cost for enabling the extra clock output and f/w following your request.

Also, if you need to have the RF cable, Clock connect PCB or SMB connectors and cable to connect the extra clock output to the other devices, please let me know, it will cost around USD20-30/ a set."

Great!!!!9_9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, Chrisc10115 said:

I bougt the Mutec Ref 10 and I use it with the Mutec 3+ USB. 

I built a Server like I reported before an I want to build it in my PC (Server) now the SOTM clock sCLK ex.

The Server (PC) has the the following configuration:

HD PLex Case, HD Plex linear power 200 watt, HD Plex 160 w DC Atx, SOTM USB Card with CLK 48 Clock,  Pachanko Pure Reference SATA Cable, Samsung SSD 250 GB, WD Red 4 TB, USB and SPIDIF cable by Aqvox, Maimboard Asus prime B250 plus, Intel Chip I5 7600, DVD Plextor, Soundcard esi@Juli (good Sound, better SQ with USB Card), SOTM SATA Filter III, as Interface DDC Mutec MC3 +USB, SAC Dac (German factory in Essen).

Software: Windows Server 2016 Essentials (I changed from Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 really improves the SQ), Server optimized with Highend-AudioPC (audiophiler optimizer), HQ Player, Roon, Fidelizer Pro.

I want to use the SOTM clock and I want to connect it with the Oszillator Crystals of the Mainboard and the ethernet comunication ans the SOTM USB card.

Standard values are 14,318 MHZ (minbaoard) and 25 MHZ for the Ethernet Crystal Oszillator. The ehthernet comunication crystral has a number on it 25.

This would fit. But the maiboard Crystal oszilator has a number 24 (TP0Q24 0 M326). Does it means it does not have 14,318 MHZ-and has 25 MHZ.

Does anybody has a clue to this question? SOTM does not really wnat to answer this and the Asus Support (Mainboard Asus prime B 250 plus) says they can not give an answer. I hope there is somebody who can help.

With out pissing you off I have few suggestions to inprove things for you. 

One don’t use ess use standard GUI it has less unneeded software and running apps 

next buy the 400 watt dc atx board it’s under 100 and much better than the 160 watt dc atx that plugs onto the main board 

dont get mad for my suggestions 

Thank you for the advice. What do you mean with not using ess? Do you mean the essential version of Windows 2016? DO you think the regular Windows 2016 sounds bestter in GUI? 

I asked Larry of HD plex. In his oppinion it does not make a different in sound using 400 watt dc ATX or 160 watt, unless the consumption does not exceed 200 watt?!. But if you are sure about it, that the 400 watt is much better, I should give it a try. The Price is really quite reasonable. 

Thanks again. By the way I never get mad at peaople, who try to help me to improve my soundquality.

Lol I am sorry for my poor spelling and grammar 

I meant don’t use essential version.  And it does sound different as it has many more backgrounds apps running. I use gui always to avoid just terminal commands 

When you install win server unplug the network cable 

I imagine your using a thumb drive ?

when it’s installed do the below 

in search type sconfig 

make two changes 5 and 10 

one is tilemitry a must do select security 

next is updates sel manual 

then go to service mng and local 

then options or settings point is stop it from starting at each boot. 

Now reboot 

find on the web two kinds of script stops 

one is Telimitry the other I can’t remember the name but it has other script stops. 

After then load the rest of your stuff 

now power why larry says this is amazing to me 

just look at the size of the tiny dc atx as compared to the 400 watt one. The larger one has less ripple and more separate dc bus voltages 

do you use the same dc power for both OS and 

music driives ?

Thank you for the advices. I really appreciated it. I will try it out. Sounds not too easy.

I am using the audiophile optimizer. I have disabled all network related services. The result of diabling this is astonishing and makes really a big step in overall sound quality. The audiophile optimizer prepares windows essential in a special way. I do not know, if this really helps.

The power option sounds promissing. I will try it out the 400 watt.

I have an exra external power supply for the disk with the OS on. The Music drives are supplied over the atx 160 watt. For the USB Card (SOTM) and clock (SOTM SCLK ex) I am using extra external power supplied by my HDplex 200 watt linear power supply.